Random vampire lord encounters

frogglesmash

The reason you dont encounter any other Vampire Lords is simply because they dont exist the only Vampire lords in Tamriel are most likely Harkon and his family thats it, to be one you have to be chosen sort of like someone has to be chosen to be dragonborn

Edited by tx12001

Maybe it's a little lore unfriendly but, that hasn't stopped a lot of other mods from being made. And besides, it's wouldn't be totally unreasonable to assume that there are a few other vampire lords that that the dragon born wasn't initially aware of.

Vampire Lords are pure blooded vampires and can pass on their ability to transform to their "children" and "grandchildren" further generations are lose this power. However, people born under certain star signs and mortal descendants of Lord Harkon can gain the power of the vampire lord. This means that my mod concept is lore friendly as long as Vampire Lord encounters are sufficiently rare.

• 9 months later...

Why not have it that there is a faction of Volkihar exiles or descendants by disease or thinning of the bloodline that aim to feed off of other vampires ( Most likely new born vampires that they create and to make sure they can overpower them) to increase their bloods potency and reclaim their clans power for their own. And eventually overthrow Harkon's court.

i tried my hand at makeing vampire lord encounters once. i actually had them flying like dragons too but i did not have the animations to make them look cool. but if a modder can add "real" flight animations to the vampire lords as well as landing, perching and lift off animations this would be pretty cool. basicly you set a dragon race up using vampire lord resources. it works but it needs animations.

According to my studies pureblood does not equal vampire lord, to become a vampire lord who need a unique blessing from Molag Bal which he only grants upon those who are worthy of the power, Harkon was a king who became worthy via the sacrifice of 1000 souls and the player is a Dragonborn any Daedric prince would want them on their side so that needs no explanation however it would explain howcome valerica and serana never enter VL form or anyother vampire for that matter in the entire ES series, yes they were turned by him but not blessed by him in this sense because clearly if she was don't u think she would have used that form in the fight against him? it would explain how voluntarily becoming a vampire via serana could still turn you into a Vampire and gain the vampire lord power without her being one herself.

Also if you play as a VL then why would you want other's existing? they would threaten your leadership, make you feel less powerful as you would be less unique and thus being a vampire lord would feel less important and personally I like it that as a Vampire lord you are a mythical demi-god monster rarely ever seen on Nirn but not my place to judge.

Edited by tx12001

Not all vampires created by Molag Bal become Vampire lords, that is a trait unique to Harkon's blood line. Serana is a Daughter of Cold Harbour which means that, in addition to being turned by a pureblooded vampire (Harkon) Molag Bal Himself was involved in her turning thus making her a pureblood of clan Volkihar and a vampire lord. Serana is also the genetic child of Harkon which would allow her to have the vampire lord trait passed on to her even if she wasn't a Daughter of cold harbour or a third or earlier generation of vampire. Beyond that there's the fact that only first second and third generation vampires (of the Volkihar bloodline) can be vampire lords so if Serana wasn't of the first or second generation she would be unable to turn you into a vampire lord. Why she never transforms in game is a mystery. As for why I'd want them around? It just doesn't make sense to me that you'd be the only person who Harkon ever turned personally, he is the father of the second oldest vampiric bloodline in existence after all.

Edited by frogglesmash