Random vampire lord encounters

frogglesmash

Harkon was a Human when Serana was born so it is not genetic, Serana is not a Vampire Lord she is just a Pureblooded Vampire Harkon on the other hand is Both, being a Lord is the vampire equivalent of having the ring of Hircine, you can become one regardless of your generation only you need to be found worthy by Molag Bal upon your turning to become one, your character is found worthy as your the dragonborn that is how I see it anyway.

Edited by tx12001

Where are you getting this information? UESPWiki contradicts and refutes everything you're saying. As for Harkon having fathered Serana before contracting vampirism, I've already mentioned that. If a vampire lord turns one of it's genetic children it passes on the vampire lord trait. Serana is definitely a vampire lord because.

a)She is Daughter of Cold Harbour and a member of the Volkihar bloodline meaning that she is pureblooded and thus a vampire lord.

b) She was turned by her father who is the first of the Volkihar bloodline which means that if the above wasn't true she would still be a second generation Volkihar vampire and thus a vampire lord.

c)She is the genetic daughter of a vampire lord and was turned by said vampire lord so even if she was neither a first, second or third generation vampire she would still inherit the vampire lord trait.

d)She can turn your character into a Vampire lord which means that she is either a first or second generation vampire lord.

It is true that it is possible to become a vampire lord regardless of generation if you are born under certain star signs but this would mean that getting bitten by any vampire in Skyrim would achieve this result and this is not the case for your character.

Sources:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Volkihar

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Daughters_of_Coldharbour

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Vampirism

(Spoilers Ahead) What are you talking about are you even reading your own sentences? first you say she was turned by Molag Bal then you say in a previous post Harkon made her a vampire so which is it? Being Turned by Molag Bal does not automatically mean you are a Vampire lord (A certain Vampire from an MMO is not a Vampire Lord and he was turned by Molag Bal) and being turned by a Pureblood does not automatically make you a vampire lord either...the vestige from ESO can get turned by a very famous Vampire and does not become a Vampire Lord ( the other members of the court are part of the Volkihar and they are not Vampire Lord's either as a Vampire Lord is as rare as a Dragonborn is now if you say please If you want I could make your mod for you as it is very simple if you just stop arguing.

Edited by tx12001

I misread the wiki, I thought that making a Daughter of Coldharbour involved both a sire and Molag Bal however it seems that only Molag Bal is involved. The wiki does however, very clearly state that all Daughters of Coldharbour are vampire lords. I am also aware that pure blood does not equal vampire lord, I have made it very clear that this is only the case for vampires of Harkon's bloodline. As for the members of harkon's court, it's more than likely that some of them actually are vampire lords, just because you never see them transform doesn't mean that they can't. As for the mod, I haven't actually touched Skyrim in many months so discussing Elder Scrolls Lore currently holds far more appeal for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

According to my studies pureblood does not equal vampire lord, to become a vampire lord who need a unique blessing from Molag Bal which he only grants upon those who are worthy of the power, Harkon was a king who became worthy via the sacrifice of 1000 souls and the player is a Dragonborn any Daedric prince would want them on their side so that needs no explanation however it would explain howcome valerica and serana never enter VL form or anyother vampire for that matter in the entire ES series, yes they were turned by him but not blessed by him in this sense because clearly if she was don't u think she would have used that form in the fight against him? it would explain how voluntarily becoming a vampire via serana could still turn you into a Vampire and gain the vampire lord power without her being one herself.

Also if you play as a VL then why would you want other's existing? they would threaten your leadership, make you feel less powerful as you would be less unique and thus being a vampire lord would feel less important and personally I like it that as a Vampire lord you are a mythical demi-god monster rarely ever seen on Nirn but not my place to judge.

U FOOL YOUR STUDIES ARE WRONG HARKON SAID IN HIS OWN WORDS AFTER HE SACRIFICED 1000 SOULS THAT MOLAG BAL BLESSED HIM AND HIS FAMILY AND THAT BECAUSE OF HIS WIFE AND DAUGHTER BEING WOMEN THEY ARE CALLED THE DAUGHTERS OF COLD HARBOR AND DAUGHTERS OF COLD HARBOR ARE PURE-BLOODS FOOLISH MORTAL LEARN YOUR FACTS BEFORE U CLAIM TITLES LIKE UNQUETIONELD RULER OF THE KNOWN UNIVERSE

Oh looks like we have a thread necromancer, that post is over 7 months old and yet you are responding to it by not only writing in capitals which shows your immaturity but also insulting another by calling them a fool for no reason, maybe I should go take that up with an admin as insulting another isn't looked fondly upon around here.

Also seeing as you enjoy being a thread necromancer maybe you should read my post again, you repeated kind of what I said so nice try kid, your just making a fool out of yourself and I don't suffer fools gladly.

Edited by tx12001

• 8 months later...

Talk about a derail. So, um, the two mods below are the only ones that insert vamp lords into general encounter groups? Because, yeah, I'd really enjoy the challenge of fighting more vampire lords (lore/canon be damned!)

Why not have it that there is a faction of Volkihar exiles or descendants by disease or thinning of the bloodline that aim to feed off of other vampires ( Most likely new born vampires that they create and to make sure they can overpower them) to increase their bloods potency and reclaim their clans power for their own. And eventually overthrow Harkon's court.