Low performance, tried everything.

Highwayman300

Here are my specs: (Yes, it is a slow end cheap laptop)

Processor: AMD A6-440M with Radeon HD graphics 2.7 GHZ

RAM: 3.67

64-bit system.

Brand name and serial Number please , like so (acer ; Model KAW60 ; Aspire 5517 series)

this will give you an idea of the actual units capabilities. this can be extended at risk. Note books are not gaming rigs.

look on the underside of the unit and find it's data and post that. I will look into it deeper for you.

kitty

Here are my specs: (Yes, it is a slow end cheap laptop)

Processor: AMD A6-440M with Radeon HD graphics 2.7 GHZ

RAM: 3.67

64-bit system.

Brand name and serial Number please , like so (acer ; Model KAW60 ; Aspire 5517 series)

this will give you an idea of the actual units capabilities. this can be extended at risk. Note books are not gaming rigs.

look on the underside of the unit and find it's data and post that. I will look into it deeper for you.

kitty

Alright, the model is a Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5100.

Answering your previous question, i believe this model can support up to 16GB of ram, i was thinking about buying a 8gb upgrade that shouldn't be too expensive. (About 80-100 dllrs)

The game is limited to 2 gigs. Double that 4 gigs should be sufficient. Laptop ram is expensive too. does that unit have a set limit as to how much you can upgrade it too?

The game isn't limited to 2GB. It's limited to 3GB, and SSME can increase that to 4GB.

6GB of RAM would be good. Not 4GB though, since he already has about 4GB.

Upgrading RAM might increase fps, but probably not by much. It would probably decrease stutter, however.

There's also this mod.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10789/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D10789%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D578252&pUp=1

Or this mod.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14504/?

When you start the game, you can also hit the ~ key and type "tg" without the quotes. Then just hit the enter button to make the tg command take effect. That disables grass and should increase performance outdoors.

And, ofc, I'm sure you already have your laptop set to a high performance power plan.

Stuttering is probably my biggest issue at the moment, i am highly used to 25-30 fps as long as they are stable.

Also, i am already playing without grass and with the high performance power plan. (These were the first i changed since i noticed how they affected performance.)

there is hibernating, though it is a docking station so you may not be able to disable that, I don't know? in the power schemes there are two settings, normal and advanced, both must be set to exactly the same settings. this is under desktop screen savers mode.

turn off sleep. this will increase available ram/extended ram, VIA swap-file will not be sued "used" for the tasks it uses., before you touch it, write down drive empty space amount and and notice the increased space after rebooting from these steps.

verify by clicking the start menu and see if log off is there and Hibernation is gone, if it's not gone, you missed a step. squeeze every drop of accessible ram you can first.

the specs I posted are my meager little laptop and it runs fallout3 smooth as silk. but when I started out? it was a slide show.

one moment while I do some research on your rig here.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IqEjuZsx6aU/UQeUQIn1I7I/AAAAAAAAAY0/n1DBq4j8nKU/s320/Toshiba+Satellite+C855D-S5100+(3).jpg

Intel Haswell Laptops Ultrabooks Touchscreen laptops

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5100 Specifications

Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5100

Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5100 comes with a 15.6-inch HD display, AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics card, AMD A68M chipset, AMD E-Series E-300 processor, 4 GB DDR3 1066 MHz RAM, and 320GB 5400 rpm HDD. Satellite C855D-S5100 also features a card reader slot, 1 x RGB, an RJ-45 LAN port, a headphone output jack, a microphone input jack, three USB 2.0 ports, DVD-SuperMulti drive, HD webcam, 10/100 Ethernet LAN, 802.11b/g/n WLAN, and 6-cell Lithium-ion battery.

Processor

AMD E-Series E-300 (1.3 GHz, 1 MB cache)

Chipset

AMD A68M chipset

Display

15.6-inch

1366x768 pixels (HD)

TruBrite LED Backlit display

Graphics Card

AMD Radeon HD 6310

Storage

320GB 5400 rpm Serial ATA HDD

System Memory

4 GB DDR3 1066 MHz

Total slots: 2

Maximum memory: 16 GB

Optical Drive

DVD-SuperMulti drive (+/-R double layer)

Audio

Mono microphone jack

Stereo headphone jack

Stereo speakers

Inputs & Controls

Standard keyboard

Touch pad with multi touch control

10-key numeric pad

I/O

1 x RGB

1 x RJ-45 LAN

1 x headphone output

1 x microphone input

3 x USB 2.0

Slots

Card reader: SD, SDHC, SDXC, microSD, miniSD, MMC

Communication

10/100 Ethernet LAN

802.11b/g/n WLAN

Camera

HD webcam and microphone

Power

6-cell Lithium-ion 48 Wh

Battery Life: up to 3.77 hours

Dimensions and Weight

Width: 14.96-inch

Depth: 9.53-inch

Height: 1.14 - 1.31-inch

Weight: starting at 5.5 lbs

Security

HDD Recovery

Security Cable Lock Slot

Colors

Satin black trax

IS this correct?

kitty

I had already taken care of hibernation a long time ago, i believe i did it a few days after i bought my laptop.

And the interesting thing is that, both fallout 3 and new vegas run very smoothly (They run around 30-40 FPS but no stuttering), while in skyrim i run around 30-35 in interiors and 18-25 in exteriors with an incredibly amount of stuttering.

And yes, those are my system specs in detail.

let's discuss this in detail further (AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics card) what version exactly is installed and where did it come from?

the drivers ?

EDIT: just dawned on me, do you own a mike? plug one in and test the game. It is an online game after all and steam has the data in it for online mikes that might be running in the back ground? Possibility?

It is known that some games need to have a microphone plugged in for some strange reason. this might also be a codec issue too with that game for that OS and rig.

we are attempting to resolve a bug some where in your set up Blind folded.

kitty

Edited by Purr4me

let's discuss this in detail further (AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics card) what version exactly is installed and where did it come from?

the drivers ?

EDIT: just dawned on me, do you own a mike? plug one in and test the game. It is an online game after all and steam has the data in it for online mikes that might be running in the back ground? Possibility?

It is known that some games need to have a microphone plugged in for some strange reason. this might also be a codec issue too with that game for that OS and rig.

we are attempting to resolve a bug some where in your set up Blind folded.

kitty

The card is a AMD A6-4400 APU with Radeon HD graphics 2.70 GHz

It came already installed with the laptop.

As for the drivers, they are the latest AMD drivers available for my card. I believe i downloaded them again around a week ago.