Realistic Colour Config for Morrowind - Released

Daerk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daerk excellent work! I just found about your stunning work at the official Forums thanks to Pseron Wyrd.I love the crispness in the views now and how things appear.My framerates have also improved quite a bit.The water is really gorgeous! Am using PumaMan's Wilderness Mod that adds fishes to the oceans and it is really a visual feast of beauty!The fish also blend in much more better then before.Now they look like they are in the water instead of plastered over it because of the original coloring.Night time is gorgeous even more so with ModMan's Window Lights Mod and your amazing Mod work.Also dungeons are much more spookier which i have not seen since using CoolDemons excellent True Light And Darkness Mod.Good to see torches and lanterns are of use once more.Thank you!

*Boggles*

Is that really you HellBishop?!

*Smiles evilly and bows*

I find myself quite enjoying almost all of your posts, and generally will view a thread if your name is listed as having posted in it.

Thanks for the praise!

I'll be posting an official thread on the official forums once i've finished this mod for Vanilla MW, Trib MW, and BM MW.

:ph34r:

-- Daerk

your maximum fps can be increased if you wish, however if you do, you'll notice your actual fps decrease, because the engine is constantly attempting to reach 240 fps, and there's no-one on earth with a system that can reach 240 fps for Morrowind. Part of the fps increase of RCC4MW is by releasing the engine from having to attempt to reach 240 fps, I notice some individuals can reach higher fps than others but never higher than about 150 fps, you can actually increase your fps even more... if you notice you never go above 70 fps, setting your max fps to 90 will boost your performance even more.

-- D

lol best FPS i ever get on morrowind is 35 (when outside).

also just wanted 2 point out a bug in RCC4MW

in the middle of the night earlier the sky was still bright and had sunlit clouds wafting across the stars (it actually looked really cool, took a number of screenies of it). also ive noticed in the night sometimes theres the sunset lighting still left on the ground and buildings, ive mainly experienced this in Balmora.

dunno if those things are avoidable or not, but might be of note for the next version (if ur doing one) :P

That wouldn't be a bug in RCC4MW, all I change in RCC4MW is the lighting method, which is a simple change from 0 to 1 in the ini, and I change the night-time ambient colours to darker colours with a slight blue tint to them, and then I change the water. If you're seeing "light" hitting the ground it's actually the small "lightsource" objects placed on the ground to "spotlight" objects. As far as the clouds, nothing has been altered on them. I'd like to see a screenie if you could upload one.

-- D