Ranger Chauncey (super mutant Ranger)

PleaseHelpMeWithThis

Futhermore. What are we looking for? Chauncey as any of the following:

= Headstrong (doesnt give a ......)

= brave (realises what must be done)

= Damaged (seen it, done it, regret it)

= Redeem (basically same as above, but more chippy.)

Any specific trait you want the dialogue tp ave?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intiating contact (intro to him)

"You got some nerve walking into my camp without invitation. Now, you got about five seconds to tell me what brings a civilian up this close to Jacobstown, before I scrap that ugly mug of yours off my boot."

Response

"Hey there! Wait a second!"

Chauncey

"4.3.2..."

Courier

Im courier 6!

Chauncey

"Oh yeah?The guy who got shot in the head? How do I know your not lying?"

Courier

"Why the hell would I lie about that?"

Chauncey.

"You'd be surprised. For the time being I'll believe you."

"I suppose an introduction is required. Im the head Ranger of Foxtrot station....for obvouis reasons."

"Name is Chauncey. Laugh and your gonna wish you stayed buried.

Courier

"What kind of a name is Chauncey?"

Chauncey

"Its better than Courier six."

Courier

Right...I didnt know the NCR recruited Mutants?

Chauncey

Usually they dont. I was an exception. Now,are you going to tell me what your doing at my station? Or am I going to have some bone breaking fun.

Courier.

"I saw the station and thought Id drop in and say hello. Clearly a mistake."

Chauncey

"I hate comedians....So you just came in to say hello. Thats rather brave and stupid isnt it?"

Courier

"Your one to talk. You just held up the NCR's best friend."

Chauncey

"Haha Got a big pair of brass ones on you kid. Okay. Nice to meet ya. "

Thanks. So far working on his little backstory.(like what he did in the masters army, his opinion on Lilly, Marcus and Tabitha, the NCR's treatment of him, Kimble, Ceasar, Mr House, New Vegas, amongst other things.)

So far I think im gonna make him brag about his battle scars and the like. The following is what I've come up with.

"I've been shot, stabbed, caught in explosions, electrocuted, and biten... and thats by some of my own men. Hhaha. The point is I keep coming back from whatever the battlefield throws at me.."

Were you ever shot in the head?

"None survives tha..... Want me to tear you a new one kid?"

The folllowing dialogue are the questions the player can ask Chauncey and his answers. (6- Normal Chauncey - Bold and Italic):

"So a mutant is the head of a Ranger station? And an NCR ranger? Thats strange..."

"Yeah yeah yeah. Listen I heard it all before. I worked damn hard to get where I am today, and I am a veteran of two armies including the NCR.So I'm a good asset to have on your side"

"Wait...You were a brotherhood member?"

"No...."

"So what.."

"Don't ask me..."

"I heard of some of the other mutants mention someone called the Master. Is that who you dont want to talk about?"

"Do I go around asking you what your f*#@ing story is?!"

"I got shot in the head and lost MOST my memories. The End"

"Fine...What do you wanna know?"

Do You know Marcus?

"Marcus? Yeah we know each other.Used to be closer than brothers. Served together under the masters rule till the very end. He wont tell you anything about me though."

So you guys are friends?

"Used to be. There was a disagreement about a goal we both shared. We wanted to better the relation between humans and man...Kinda like the ghouls. But He believed we needed to unite under one banner to prove we could be a civilised society, united. I believed we needed to go to the source. So I joined the NCR."

Why the NCR?

"Ever been a slave? No...ever been under the thumb of a war crazed mad man? I have. I have seen men like Ceasar, and the horror they unleash on the land. Men like him, who are corrupt by the evils of the past dont control, they point. They point in the direction they want to see the land burn for their amusment. Where they think the blood shed by the innocient will make them a more feared presence. They point in the direction their armies march off to surrender their lives for the voice of one little movement. I have seen their cruel plans and perverse goals come to completion and have even aided them. For that, I will never stop regreting my choice, until the day I draw my last breath. And I can promise I will not let men like Ceasar succeed in their goals ever again. Ive seen the results a thirst for war and power brings. I have seen what that brings. And I never want to see it again."

"What was it like following someone like that?"

"No different from following orders from someone calling themselves the President. Than again. Kimbell's something of an improvement."

"Wait? You know Kimbell?"

" Yeah. Saved his life during the first battle of Hoover Dam. He kinda needed to reward me, but couldnt give me General because... well"

"Your a mutant? That seems unfair.how is this any different from being under the masters Control?"

"I'd like to say less people die, but I'd only be fooling myself. Truth is NCR and Legion probably have caused more deaths in the last few years over a dam, than the master ever did. Of course I never was good at counting."

"Okay sorry"

You have any idea how hard it was to get to my rank? Hell, theres more orphans among the ranks of the republic and its citizins of my brothers and sisters actions, than any other of the NCR's enemies. Some of the other officers have begged for an excuse to put me down. I've had corporals spit in my face and privates pull pins on my grenades in an attempt to kill me, just so they wouldnt have to follow a mutant. Only the men and women that survive my training respect me."

So there is some of my ideas. Still working on other points of his speech,but had something come to mind earlier today.

Chauncey: "Yeah I know Tabitha. Boy, that b&@*$ was annoying. But in bed.."

6: "Stop right there!"

cHAUNCEY: "What?"