How many times have you been a vampire? and how many times have you thought- you know what, i want to expand my empire. after we destroy the dawnguard, why can't i have their fortress. I want their fortress to leave my cute little vampire doggies in! and another thing: werewolves are annoying- the vampire bloke said that they were essentially scum with tainted blood- let me kill all the companions- oh and the vigilants of stendar.

I am a vampire killing machine, let me kill and invade. let me recreate the companions with a full array of vampiric warriors as we slowly take over tamriel. this is the mod i want to see, and i think it sounds doable.

in short, I would like:

• after destroying the dawnguard I want their fortress to be full of vampires (better vampire/ belua sanguinares revisited compatibility to make dawnguards into vampires)
  • to have roaming dawnguard members in tamriel, with placed camps
  • a quest to eradicate the vigilants of stendarr
  • a companions branch-off-quest to slowly turn all the companions into vampires, one at a time (separate belua sanguinares revisited/ better vampire versions) so that the companion quest ends, but you can still get the artifacts as vampires masquerading as companions ( this would take voice actors and should be done last- if at all)
  • a quest to turn the jarls in to vampire thralls, allowing PCs to control towns, villages and eventually whole cities (needs more challenge- for instance you have to take over some guards, the advisers, a few towns folk and then the jarl/ high king (note: would need voice actors (a convenient page on the nexus springs to mind))
  • the above quest to actually give you power over people, in a similar way to the "become high king of skyrim" mod- but less direct, with no acknowledgement of your power- but more of it, including hearthfire-esq rooms under the castles.
  • a new quest (after you control the jarl) where vampire hunters assassinate a random jarl, and you have to take over the jarl duties in your own right- or assign a new (fully voice acted) jarl- note that this may need a sands of time (only encounters) mod to be somewhat tweaked.
  • maybe a quest incorporating the auriel blood-cursed arrow sun effect where you lead the vampire horde in to a town/ city and invade. this would need for that town/ city to be marked unessential. only occurs after a jarl is assassinated and the town revolts (voice acting needed for a courier to give you a message from a vampire in the city)
  • sieges of the vampire holds and (consequently) the dawnguard stronghold. this will (hopefully) end up with a dynamic city control system- meaning you can lose cities and will need to flee the city, or face execution. this will require various scripts, voice acting and some secret passages. this will mean that you can lose men, and will need to rebuild your army and various vampiric advisers.
  • i think it should be intended for a choice between a fairly climactic battle between the vampires and the ruler of skyrim (be it stormcloak or imperial.) using the blood-cursed arrows or taking power behind the scenes by enthralling ulfric/ tullius. however you do it, i think it would be fun to have an all powerful vampire lord in charge.

Well, thank you for reading and if you embark on this project please note that I am fairly new to modding and am more proficient at writing dialogue than scripting and modelling. If this gets made it will completely overhaul the vampire- dawnguard experience, and will represent a leap forward in questing mods. Once more: thanks!

Edited by Ghostlyhawk

as an addition to this project, i think that if / when the dawnguard fortress is taken over there should still be applicants to join the dawnguard who you can choose to make a vampire, make a dawnguard member for amusing dialogue or put in the dungeons and feed on it (because thralls should really need replacing after a while- before they go off) when you wear dawnguard armour, dawnguard parties don't attack you and you can blend in with roaming parties to pick them off one by one as a side quest.

i intend to keep a list of everything that has been planned/ done here, this is likely to take several months if not the entire year (if i spend most of my free time on it, and i get support from more experienced modders.) I'm quite hopeful that this mod will be made and made well.

I'm still getting to grips with the creation kit, so if you are part of the niche audience looking for something like this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

note: i can't abide subtitles so a variety of (good) voice actors will be needed eventually- but baby steps, right?

Edited by Ghostlyhawk

• 1 year later...