Adding customed sounds to custom race (i.e Diablo, Moonshadow)

sketchbook87

Oblivion has been great to me, slowly forcing me to branch out into TESCS, TES4edit and generally improving my awareness in the modding side of things.

However, I've hit a wall recently, which is the adding of custom sounds to the Diablo and Moonshadow Elf race. In theory, it seems simple enough, but my execution has so far yielded unsatisfactory results like:

• Being able to load a saved game/ CTD while starting a new game (Most common).
  • Darnified UI appearing during the loading screen of starting a new game and hanging.

I'm pretty new ,so most of my methods of overcoming them are largely through trial-and-error, copy and paste and isolating mods that causes CTD in the first place. It has worked great for me so far till now. My attempts:

1. Opening the diablo plugin in TESCS, I came across a folder named diabloellfs1 under the female voice folder, so following an advice from a thread I came across, I created a folder named diabloelfs1 and put it inside Sounds>Voices>Oblivion.esm folder with my chosen sounds, saved the plug-in, played Oblivion, but to no avail.
  2. In TESCS, I tried using the source folder from the Final Fantasy race mod which has a custom sound folder but still no results.
  3. Archived Invalidated after both a. and b. in OBMM, still no results. I use Wrye Bash for 95% of my mods, so I was sure to properly exit either application before opening the other.
  4. Despite using one of the vanilla voices, saving the plug-in has no effect whatsoever in game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!