61157 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994,774 posts
Dragonborn Hall Museum

Places “Dragonborn Hall” a fully featured museum and safe house inside Solitude just outside of the Blue Palace grounds.

icecreamassassin

icecreamassassin

Museum Curator

• Premium Member
  • 22,453 posts
This release should be fully functional, but a fresh set of eyes may reveal a couple little bugs or quirks so please let me know if you spot any so I can fix them in the next release. Thanks for checking it out!

There are a couple small elements not yet implemented (the dwemer schematic and snow elf rubbings for instance) but will be triggered by quest progress in later versions. I will also eventually implement a permanent display for quest items that are turned in and not re-attainable, so you can still mark your accomplishment and complete the quest

Edited by icecreamassassin, 20 March 2014 - 04:19 AM.

ManslayerJ

ManslayerJ

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
Where is it located?

MaxxFennig

MaxxFennig

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 605 posts
this is exactly what I've been looking for !
a place to display my ill-gotten gains that covers pretty much everything . and I totally agree about the aetherium armour mod (never leave home without it !) .
just need to tell us where to find it and i'll be all set ! :)
thanx loadz .
p.s. if you're looking for suggestions , I would love somewhere to display my loot from skyrims unique treasures by clintmich .
p.p.s. what did icecream ever do to you ?!

Edited by MaxxFennig, 20 March 2014 - 07:09 AM.

dallas8

dallas8

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
What is this I don't even...A mod that allows you display all your collective goodies? And it looks good to boot? Mmm. And you're looking to make it better? Applause, bravo, accolades.

coastygunz

coastygunz

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 2 posts
In response to post #13056828.

its in solitude next to erikurs house, but i cant get any of the displays to work

Aboogie1

Aboogie1

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
I'd like to try this out, but I always like to know that mods are safely removable before saving with them loaded. As this mod does have scripts, are there any special directions for a safe uninstall?

wasforced

wasforced

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi there. The Gallery looks amazing and I will very likely add this once I have completed more quests and have more items to display. However, I am curious if there are any plans to add random NPC/visitors that might have some basic commentary related to the individual items on display since it is in an ideal location for passersby. Would also be awesome if there was a way for said NPC to make a donation at the door based on the amount of collected items. The more you have collected, obviously, the larger the donation. Donations could be random and set up to calculate into your " safe" weekly. Not a huge moneymaker but a few extra coins never hurts.

Just an idea, thanks again, the mod looks great as is!

Issa 5

Issa 5

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
This is one of the coolest item displays that I've seen so far, will definitely endorse once I can!

I would be really grateful if you would consider making a version geared towards being a home just as much as it is a museum, because I like the displays so much that I think that some of my characters would like to live here permanently.

Thanks for making the mod. :)

icecreamassassin

icecreamassassin

Museum Curator

• Premium Member
  • 22,453 posts
Thanks folks! I appreciate it. As far as location goes it's pretty easy to spot. If you are headed to the blue palace in Solitude it is on the right side just OUTSIDE the courtyard leading to the palace, it's on that littler raised bit of land that isn't used.

As far as install is concerned, the scripts ONLY refer to objects inside the gallery, so they are safe to use with anything, and safe to take out later. they all start with "DBM" so they are seasy to spot in your script folder. I will be putting together a BSA version today, because I also forgot to slap in a couple extra models for custom books stacks. I forgot what non-core game resources I added along the way, so that will be soon fixed and you won't have to worry about manually removing stuff.

As far as functionality goes, all I can say is that it must be a conflict with another mod you have loaded, perhaps try loading this mod last? Only thing I can think is that one of your other mods perhaps alters the core object scripts which all other object scripts (mod or non-mod) make reference to and that's why it maybe isn't working? What mods are you using?

I am planning on making an apartment upstairs from the office with an eating area, work area, etc I'm actually debating about building it inside an exterior tower so that you can look out the windows onto the streets of Solitude from inside your room, but that all depends on if the viewpoint will work where the building is located and you aren't able to look out into the nothingness that is on the other side of the wall :P but we'll see.

Also had an idea for a "museum of natural sciences" where you can build trophy displays of various creatures much like in the Hearthfires homes which will have display plaques, etc. Could even set up little simulated dioramas like a sabre tiger in a snowy setting, or wolves in a frosty forest, hoarkers on a glacier... oooo the possibilities :)

I like the idea of having NPC's roaming through and the donation idea, but I need to get NPC savvy again before adding stuff like that. I could do anything under the sun with NPC's in Oblivion but I'm still pretty green with how Skyrim functions. I think I'll add an option to hire a curator who tends to the place and collects admission once you reach a certain number of displays. I also wanted to have the display plaques be clickable message boxes with blurbs about the item, but the area got real crowded real fast. Down the road I may expand the museum to the point where each exhibit gets spread out into a larger area so that each display will get its own description plaque to click on, but for now I think I'll just concentrate on tweaking a few little bugs and getting a solid package together with BSA file.

Thanks again for your encouragement :)

Page loaded in: 0.927 seconds