[Help] Problems with creation of Headgear

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zwga9pk2lf06k44/MaskTest.zip

Try that one. UVW export included so you know where to make changes to the texture. the top hair texture was broken into 4 quadrants and placed in the empty space in the other uvw. top is the top left then top right, then bottom left, and finnaly bottom right in order from top to bottom. You should be able to split up the texture and scale to fit.

Edited by jet4571

Before you proceed try renaming your nif to the same as the ones I sent you. just duplicate it for the _0 or _1. then add my test esp and go to solitude and outside the blue palace is someone wearing the mask. the folder I had them in inside the .zip was inside the meshes / armor folder. you can verify in the CK to see if you get the missing mesh warning symbol if you check the armor addon. If the NPC wears your mesh then you didn't do anything wrong with it but it was an issue in the armor or armor addon like I had with not having the race that can use it properly set.

Every mesh has 1 texture set. you can't have 2 or more textures for the same mesh. If you did use 2 textures then you will need to redo the hair UVW to use only 1. I did separate the mask and the hair in Max so it makes 2 NiTriShapes.

The nif I imported the nitrishapes was one of the dragon priest masks that had 2 nitrishapes. if you separate the hair into 2 parts then you will need to have a vanilla mesh with 3 nitrishapes or figure out how to add a third(beyond me).

Okey so I tried it with your esp and my models and well I couldn't find anyone near the blue palace I even searched over the whole city without any luck nor could I find the code to spawn the mask via console for a reason 'help MaskTest' nor 'help AAArmorMaskTest 0' worked. I've made sure to put the files into Meshes/Armor/MaskTest as seen in CK but just couldn't find nor spawn it for a weird reason and I did make sure it was checked/active under my settings (and I don't have that many mods installed either) so I don't really know what was wrong.

As I also noticed when I separated the top hair and exported that my file was 13kb lighter, so perhaps I've been exporting it with the wrong settings?

Here are my current export settings:

http://sleekupload.com/uploads/5/exportsettings.jpg

When I exported and swapped the hair nif and dismember data and tested that with my esp the mask was on the correct position but the hair was no where to be seen, so really what the hell am I doing wrong, might it really be my settings?

Edit:

I tested it with your given nif files and my esp but well the hair was no where to be found, I've got no idea what's going on here though. And well thanks for the changes although I really don't want to alter the current textures it was a bit of a too huge hassle to already create these as these are all textured/painted by hand so I'd prefer to stay with what I got.

As far as I know with weapon modding it shouldn't be a problem to add more or less trishapes right? Or is that totally different with clothes/armor?

Edit2:

The hair was gone as I disabled it in CK but when I enabled it it was there and it worked but it had some weird effects that I think are caused by the dismember data not being set up correctly.

Edited by RafaelDeJongh

I have enable Multiple Partitions and remove extra bones ticked. Don't know if that would make any difference.

For both mesh I changed the BS Num UV Sets in the NiTriShape to 4097 which is the same as I have seen in other nif files. and the hair in the BSDismemberSkinInstance I changed the body part partition to SBP_131_HAIR. Easy to find, select the BSDismemberSkinInstance and in the bottom expand partitions and the next partitions then change the Body part to that. For the mask I gave it the SBP_42_Circlet partition for Body part. No clue if that made it work.

Also I never use the nif the exporter makes. I open a new window and a vanilla nif that is similar to what I am making and copy the nitTriShapes into it and change the name to one of the vanilla ones. then I delete the vanilla mesh and save the nif.

I have enable Multiple Partitions and remove extra bones ticked. Don't know if that would make any difference.

For both mesh I changed the BS Num UV Sets in the NiTriShape to 4097 which is the same as I have seen in other nif files. and the hair in the BSDismemberSkinInstance I changed the body part partition to SBP_131_HAIR. Easy to find, select the BSDismemberSkinInstance and in the bottom expand partitions and the next partitions then change the Body part to that. For the mask I gave it the SBP_42_Circlet partition for Body part. No clue if that made it work.

Also I never use the nif the exporter makes. I open a new window and a vanilla nif that is similar to what I am making and copy the nitTriShapes into it and change the name to one of the vanilla ones. then I delete the vanilla mesh and save the nif.

Yep that did it, for a reason the export settings fixed it! Without a need of redoing the textures just adding the additional nif data made it work! There's just one slight problem alpha related which I think is not directly fixable although I've got very limited knowledge about translucency in Skyrim but the mask sometimes tops the hair making the hair just disappear from a certain angle that Fixed this, for a reason there was an alpha property on the mask hierarchy as well, removed this and seemed to not appear anymore although I do still wonder if there is a way to cull the back faces like noculling it?

And perhaps could you explain where exactly I have to enable the _0 and _1 in the DK and what the difference I need to make on both of them? Didn't quite get that at first.

Other than that thanks a bunch for all the help you've provided me already!

http://sleekupload.com/uploads/5/thm/72850_20140324_00005_thm.png

Edited by RafaelDeJongh

In the .nif you probably want to have the hair double sided. Easy fix and takes seconds to do. Select your BSLightingShaderProperty for the hair and in the bottom window find Shader Flags 2 and double click the the value colum. click the arrow thing and find SLF2_DoubleSided and put a tick the checkbox. save the nif and the hair shouldn't become invisible anymore.

As for _0 and _1 I am not sure if its needed. I used a dragonpriest mask nif and it had both, but circlets and hairs only have the one. So you can name it without _0 or _1 and see if it works in the game. As far as setting the CK to use both? you set the male or female model in the Armor Addon to the _1 version and it will automatically use the _0. For these I just saved the nif twice so it was the exact same nif just named different. I explained how to do the 2 versions on the first page.

Honestly I would just use a single nif without _0 or _1 and see if it works, if it does then you are good to go. If there's a problem then name it like I did.

In the .nif you probably want to have the hair double sided. Easy fix and takes seconds to do. Select your BSLightingShaderProperty for the hair and in the bottom window find Shader Flags 2 and double click the the value colum. click the arrow thing and find SLF2_DoubleSided and put a tick the checkbox. save the nif and the hair shouldn't become invisible anymore.

As for _0 and _1 I am not sure if its needed. I used a dragonpriest mask nif and it had both, but circlets and hairs only have the one. So you can name it without _0 or _1 and see if it works in the game. As far as setting the CK to use both? you set the male or female model in the Armor Addon to the _1 version and it will automatically use the _0. For these I just saved the nif twice so it was the exact same nif just named different. I explained how to do the 2 versions on the first page.

Honestly I would just use a single nif without _0 or _1 and see if it works, if it does then you are good to go. If there's a problem then name it like I did.

That was exactly what I was looking for thanks! Sorry about this but I also have another question about the mask, is there a way to make it reflective like it reflects the world/cubemap?

As for the _0 and _1 well currently it works without it as the nif is currently just called dtbmask I'll see what happens if I change race or sex but I think it should be fine!

Well mate once more thanks a ton for all the information and help you've provided! You're the best! Credits will be of course provided when I'll release this.

SLF1_Environment_Mapping in the Shader Flags 1 properties might add that with a cubemap. The Neo Selene armor looks like it reflects the environment you can look at how it's BSShaderTextureSet is setup for the bodysuit and see if you can get a reflection going in the shine. I think the Nightingale cowl eye covers reflect as well. other than that I don't really know.

Glad you go it sorted out and can make more in the future.