Clicks not registering

TheUrbaneGamer

I'm having a problem of only certain clicks registering as a attacks and only under certain circumstances. If I either dual-wield or use a two-handed weapon and do a very quick click, then nothing happens, if i hold the click down for about a quarter of a second then it attacks. However, when I'm dual-wielding if I click both the left and right mouse buttons, to attack with both weapons at once, then no matter how "swift" I click it will respond. This is fixed if I have either a shield or a spell in the other hand, that is, no matter how "swift" I click, something will happen, as opposed to nothing happening if I dual-wield or use two-handed. I use a plethora of mods, but to make sure it wasn't my mods, I uninstalled all of my mods, then reinstalled Skyrim, and then problem still occurred. This problem does not occur with bows.

If anyone can provide a solution or any help, that would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Try this again in a small cell for instance the guard barracks in whiterun and see if it is any better? If not have you ried a different mouse? are you using a wireless mouse?

I tested it in the Whitrun barracks and I didn't see a difference. I'm using the razer deathadder mouse, and I've tried a few 5 dollar-ish mice and they have the same issue. Interestingly enough, if I bind the attack button to a key on my keyboard like "k" or "L" they exact same problem occurs. Do you think that I should reinstall Skyrim again?

• 5 years later...