Keyboard stops working

fubar112

ok here is the issue i am having, when i play skyrim for a bit the keyboard will stop working, the mouse works fine i can look and click all i want but not the keyboard. Until i tilt it about 45 degrees or so, if it is tilted it works fine but it is hard on my wrists (i recently had surgury). i had this problem before i had any mods installed, i thought it was the keyboard so i replaced the cheap one i had with a Logitech. the keyboard and mouse are both wireless (same as the old one) not sure if that has anything to do with it. if i pick up my keyboard and shake it it works fine for a little bit. i thought it was maybe a loose wire bit works 100% fine in all the other games i play. i clicked off the 360 control button in settings already and that didnt help. any ideas?

thanks for looking.

If this were a game related problem we would have other reports of it happening - and with over 7 million members plus having Skyrim support going back to Skyrim day 1 ( 11-11-11) - you are the first to report this.

The game has no way of knowing the orientation of your keyboard.

This is not a game problem, but a hardware problem. Sounds like a loose connection somewhere - or, if your Logitec KB has a battery, possibly a weak or loose battery? could also be a problem with the USB port the KB is plugged into.

Try reinstalling your logitec keyboard driver. Using a different USB port and and making sure your computer is using the right driver for your KB.

My logitec is wireless, but I use it plugged in most of the time. If you have both a Logitec KB & Mouse, you only need one USB adapter for both. - using 2 could cause interference. There is a plug on the KB that could be loose allowing the battery to run down. A pinched or frayed KB cord making an intermittent connection.

• 4 months later...

Hi, i don't know whether you have fixed this by now or not but it sounds like you having some issues with certain mods. I don't know what would have caused it before you installed any mods but with mods installed its most likely some compatibility/clashing issues, i suggest installing one mod at a time, seeing whether it causes any issues and then move on to the next. To fix this problem the only way i've found is to delete all of your mods through the NMM or manually, delete the Skyrim folder (and/or delete it through steam) and then re-install it and add the mods one by one and when you find the one that's causing problem delete it or find a way to fix it (possibly by changing load order in the NMM). I hope this helps or you have already found a solution to this problem.

Also if you're not already using it i recommend using the nexus mod manager (NMM) or the skyrim mod organizer (MO) its free and helps a lot by installing the mods automatically once you download them to the programe useful if you install mods frequently and in high numbers

EDIT: i have also found that this may be caused by corrupt saves,if this is the case try deactivating the steam cloud saving (if you are using steam) by right clicking the game, clicking properties and then click the updates tab then un-checking enable cloud syncronisation. You want to then go to my documents, my games, skyrim, saves. And delete the saves in there. Obviously this will delete your saves so therefore you will have to start again, Additionally im not to sure if this will help you as once i re downloaded SKSE my controlls locked up again and had to re-install everything, so it may be a case of Skyrim refusing to work with the "new" version of SKSE.

Edited by badassllama