NPC's of MORROWIND did they make the game?

Deleted54170User

The more I thought about the life like responses of various NPC's all over MORROWIND I wondered if anyone else found the rude and sometimes offish behavior of NPC's helped to make the game more popular.

Would MORROWIND be the great game it is if the NPC's were just sign posts to click on to see what they would say?

Would having the guards just roaming about and never saying, "I suppose you are looking for a Tavern? I don't know if I could help you there?"

I mean, Without being clicked on. "How about a potion today?!"

What do you think? "Fresh game!"

"Don't stand about! Say something or get moving!"

So? What do you think? Is that what gives MORROWIND a WINNING difference?

"What do you want, Outlander?"

The voiced-over dialogue of the NPCs was certainly one factor that made Morrowind more popular than other games of the genre and ere, but it certainly wasn't the only factor. Personally, I was attracted to the game mostly due to the first-person, real-time combat. I had been playing Final Fantasy games and thought they were just the coolest thing, then I suddenly and by pure chance decided to rent Morrowind GOTY for the XBox. After that, I knew I had to own the game and could never go back to FF again.

Just the fact that just about everysinge person in the game is so rude to you makes the dialouge brilliant. Even the guards call you scum, and the hired killers look down on you as if you were guar doing that they had stepped in. But then you show them who's boss...!

I think it was and it stil is a contributing factor. Their attitude changes once you do some quests :P

@ Mayby this should be moved to spoilers becouse some that are new to the game wanna find these things ingame so we should not spoil their fun.

I think, the story gives it the winning difference. But I'm biased toward click and read type of thing, and not the "chattering head" one. It's nice, but to sacrifice lines over a VA...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...