Playable Fallout Mech

devinpatterson

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohh okie dokie then for a "core" name I can suggest Enclave Mobile Defense Unit ---> E.M.D.U and have designation for each such as Enclave Prime Directive ... Longbow ... Hecate ... Banshee

or whatever else you can think of

BTW I enjoyed all of the genre games Armored Core, Mechwarrior my all time favorite would have to be Heavy Gear 2 due to the hardcore keyboard config you needed to memorize in order to operate the mech you piloted effectively ... immersion-wise it was pretty amazing for it's time

Seconded, Zerox - Armored Core was the first shooter I ever played, and I fell in love with the games, especially Armored Core 4 and For Answer. The second this groundwork is done, I am going to find a way to make the N/WGIX as a usable mech in New Vegas, god help me.

Anyway, having done some research on 1950s slang, our best options are:

Chariot (slang for a car)

Machine (as above; nicely ambiguous, my personal choice for the name)

War Machine (adaption of the above, if you feel 'Machine' too ambiguous)

Walking Tank (slang used to refer to someone exceptionally large/muscular; obvious adaption to mecha is obvious)

Heavy (slang for a hitman/enforcer; works well in this context)

Mechanised Infantry (not slang of the times, but works quite well)

Thoughts?

wait ... so this is going to be "found" tech? It doesn't have to be 50's slang... does it?

then it would have to be something simple and based on what they are ....

Walkers

a prototype that was being tested when the bombs drops found buried in White Sands Missile Range where a team of Enclave operatives found and retrieved it ... mainly intact but in need of repair.

And I think I am good on mods for FNV for now, I have jammed every mod I want and can into my current playlist (through I really wanted Vocalroid Radio for FNV) I think I am good(plus can't add anymore). But now I have to do 3 full testrun to make sure everything is good for a playthrough(which I will do after making sure all the other modded games work, play a lot of other games(Star Ocean, etc.) come back to this after forgeting some of the storyline and have a good time.