Playable Fallout Mech

devinpatterson

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

face palm ... renamed crashy to mech2 and all is well ... I was able to travel to GS (very quickly in fact, this is a great vehicle since it can climb mountains with no problems at all) was able to kill with equipped weapons ... hitting tab to try to access pipboy did not CTD me nor does hitting hotkeys so that it working for me .... I exit the mech with all armor equipped too so that works also ... the mech falls down upon exit (I can enter/exit as many times as I want but it will fall each and every time)

end of report

okie here is a weird one for you .... (using the renamed crashy)

I can go into VATS and after I do that I can sneak ... I zoom out to 3rd person and the mech reverted back to a PA (sizewise normal PA) I exit with N key and the Mech is back as a Behemoth

What do you think?

Also, a random thought -

Maybe we should consider asking the maker of the Radar Mod (forget his name) if we can integrate his mod into this? I think it'd fit quite well for our giant mecha to have a radar system in it. Making it only turn on when the mecha's being used might be tricky, though.

it would be cool ... I already have the radar among my HUD displayed item so that doesn't change when I enter the Mech so if you want to go and make a dedicated HUD just for the Mech then I would also implement armor condition .. heat .. fuel capacity .. mech weapon condition .. distance to target .. nav points .. etc ....

edit

I forgot to mention that while in the mech my vision is blurry

also i looked @ the authors page ( there are 2 )

invalidfate was the original he is not active but gives permission on his profile

Edited by alienzerox