Master questions for those criminal Lore knowing Tes fans....

GrayFoxGaming

I have a couple of Lore related questions Im hoping somone could answer -

In what year/era (or as close as you can get) did Dareloth steal the Gray Cowl of Noctunal?

And

Did Dareloth found the thieves guild? or was it already around?

I know Its random and unlikely anyone could help but thanks if you can!

300 years before Oblivion, so 500 years before Skyrim. If I remember correctly, Oblivion was set around 400-ish 3E, so it's around 100-ish 3E? If someone with better memory or more diligence to dig up Oblivion dates, he'd be closer.

27th Last Seed,Year of Akatosh 433 is oblivion and skyrim is 17th of Last Seed on a Sundas, Thanks for helping, Couldnt find much on the Gray Cowl

The Thieves Guild pre-dates Dareloth by a large margin. Well, the Cyrodiil Thieves guild anyway.

There is no universal Thieves Guild on Tamriel. Each province has multiple organizations which are generally refereed to as 'Thieves Guilds' but there is no centralised leadership like the Fighters Guild or the former Mages Guild. However, we do have references to a Thieves Guild, in Cyrodiil, at least during the Alessian Empire.

The whole Dareloth thing is generally more Oblivion Nonsense. The guild existed long before him, and shouldn't have been affected by his theft of the cowl.

The Thieves Guild pre-dates Dareloth by a large margin. Well, the Cyrodiil Thieves guild anyway.

There is no universal Thieves Guild on Tamriel. Each province has multiple organizations which are generally refereed to as 'Thieves Guilds' but there is no centralised leadership like the Fighters Guild or the former Mages Guild. However, we do have references to a Thieves Guild, in Cyrodiil, at least during the Alessian Empire.

The whole Dareloth thing is generally more Oblivion Nonsense. The guild existed long before him, and shouldn't have been affected by his theft of the cowl.

Thank you very much! Thats exactly the sort of info I needed, Im starting a lets play and I think I have pretty decent Idea for it, Just dont want to be waving my character facts around and having more knowledgeable people schooling me lol I did know that none of the guilds were connected, aside from the brotherhood, I just wondered if the Cyrodiil Guild was founded by him