Massive Bug plaguing my game

miekkamatti

I'm having exactly the same issue as royebatty, disappearing bows. I've located it down to faulting when I enter a dungeon in Solstein. Outside, all is fine (and I've sorted, cleaned, Bashed the mods, then cleaned the save w/Savetool). Everything is fine UNTIL I go inside Ashfall citidel, or any other dungeon and my bow disappears. If I equip another, it goes too. I think this whole deal started when I installed the Equping Overhaul mod, but I've uninstalled, stopped the quest via the console, and cleaned the save from the orphaned scripts... yet... same issue. I've been thinking of pressing on as a non-bow weilding character because it ONLY affects bows. The reason why I think Equip Overhaul broke the savegame somehow is that I only used it a few times and couldn't find my dropped bow. I used the "power" to search for objects, but when the bow spawned in front of me and I picked it up it didn't go into my inventory. That's either the origin of this or just my imagination.

• 1 year later...

Apparently the weapon-dropping bit part of the mod. "Realistic Unequip", as pointed to by Kmikaz3 earlier. From the mod description:

"The second part of the mod is called Realistic Unequip. It's a realistic form of unequipping that adds to Geared Up or vanilla play. It makes you drop the item in your hand when you unequip/swap it while it's drawn. Your weapons will switch as normal without dropping if you sheathe them first! It's definitely more immersive because when in intense combat you won't sheathe your sword and mace to pull out your bow or staff, you'll drop them and grab the new weapon."

After nearly losing three daedric items to this, I will be happily disabling it.