Skills won't increase with paid training

funkycanid

Hey Guys :3

Was wondering if anyone could help me out with this little issue I've been having.

None of my skills will increase when I pay NPCs' for training, but they seem to increase just fine with normal gameplay.

My difficult setting is Master, so I'm wondering if that's got anything to do with it.

I use SkyRe with the SkyUI and SKSE and those are the only mods I can think of that would have something to do with it.

i first tried it on Alchemy and then Smithing and got nothing.

There is a similar thread here: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/817369-destruction-skill-wont-increase-with-training/

But nothing seems to have been worked out.

If anyone could help, that would be great <3

using skyrim xp perhaps?

Try reinstalling Skyre again.

Got a mod list to show?

How would I compile a mod list?

If there's nothing in there that you find is clashing I'll try reinstalling SkyRe...which hurts me inside, it was horrid to try and get in there in the first place.

If it helps, SkyRe worked fine before this game.

Simplest means of getting your load order:

Adjust as needed -- C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Skyrim

In the above directory you will find:

loadorder.txt <-- if you use NMM or some other mod management programs, this file will exist and have all installed plugins (active or not) listed in order

plugins.txt <-- the actual active mods in load order without Skyrim.esm listed

DLClist.txt <-- appears to be order of installation of mods and DLC

SteamModList.txt <-- any mods from the Steam Workshop probably in order of obtaining them (no idea, mine is empty)

At minimum post the plugins.txt so that those helping you can see the ACTIVE mods.

There are other means but that is the simplest.

If you don't want to navigate through your files (and the easiest way i've found):

Open NMM, go to plugins tab, look for the button that looks like this: => click it and select export to a txt file, choose your directory and press OK. Done! :D

Skyre is pretty easy to get going. Check this video out:

if you're not using Immersive weapons & immersive Armours then just dont worry about the patches he's installed and just use whatever you were using :wink:

Edited by vlaka

Shows what I know. I use NMM exclusively for installing and never even knew the option to export the list was there. I knew it had been asked about being added. Still what I posted is valid information...

hehe yeah i had no idea up until a year ago when i decided to just press buttons :P

If you don't want to navigate through your files (and the easiest way i've found):

Open NMM, go to plugins tab, look for the button that looks like this: => click it and select export to a txt file, choose your directory and press OK. Done! :D

Skyre is pretty easy to get going. Check this video out:

if you're not using Immersive weapons & immersive Armours then just dont worry about the patches he's installed and just use whatever you were using :wink:

Thank you, V

I will check that video asap, I'm pretty busy this weekend coming up, so I'll probably be able to get to it sometime on Monday...I may move my Skyrim exclusively to a different computer in the mean-time though, as I'm actually doing a "Let's Play" series, just for fun.

I am using immersive weapons & armour sadly, but I'll see what I can get done on the other computer.

I can't believe such a simple sounding thing is so complicated to fix, lol x3

Thanks for all the help guys, keep suggestions coming in x3