Bioshock Series - Anyone else a fan out there

naomis8329

after playing spec ops: the line, i find VERY hard to give a crap about characters who are mass murders (if the game takes it self super serious) and infinite forces you to become one and makes no mention of it.

Elizabeth: you killed one man and that's wrong!!!!!

Elizabeth: lol you killed like 45 dudes there, here have some more ammo

the story was crap, totally dependent on its stupid plot twist. which i figured out hours before the end. comstock is the "shepherd" and im the "false shepherd" when you tell Elizabeth you're gonna stop comstock for doing this, she reply's "you did it" geeee i wounder what that means!!!!! unlike bioshock 1 the themes in infinite are shallow, barely touched on or avoided. racism was used a shock factor. the "living" city only exist for the first 2-3 hours before it becomes a ghost town. lets not forget unlike bioshock 1 this game is linear. gamers cant be trusted, after all they might get lost and stop playing.

the gameplay, THE GAMEPLAY. its crap, this game plays like a worse version of COD. go into a room, the room is locked. you must kill every living thing to unlock the door to enter the next room...... TO DO THE SAME DAMN THING. i was begging this game to end already after 4 hours. the RPG elements, there's none removed them all so people dont get confused. the best parts of the game are when you dont have control or when you dont have a gun and when the game is 90% mindless corridor shooter THERE'S A HUGE PROBLEM WITH THE GAME

Dishonored is the game Infinite was supposed to be. it can be just as violent as infinite was you were never forced to killed. it was your choice. i wanted to like infinite but i cant forgive its shallow themes, its poor gameplay, the HUGE contrast the game has with violence and the story its trying to tell. bioshock 1 is a masterpiece, infinite will be the game we look back upon and say "so why was this game given good scores?"

I love the series and although infinite was a let down its hard to make games from the same freanchise and tie them all together while keeping everything great.

Bioschock 1 i bought it as it was something different and it was something new atleast in terms of setting and when i first played it i spent a lot of the time looking around and wondering about if it would be possible and what it really would be like. I love the fights with the big daddies and the story was good even know at times it got a lil off. The levels where good the design was great i loved finding the recordings and laughing at some of the sayings and how the AI talked to each other

Bishock 2 i think went a lil to afar from Bioschock 1 and i did not feel it was as strong but then again most games never live up to the first one in a series. I Liked that it did go back to some of places you could not enter in the first one, Although i wish they would have done a little more to stay with the bishock1 story. I Did like some of the new plasmids and characters but it was almost to much like Bioschock 1. I did like protecting the lil sister though i did not like how much work it was i felt like i was fighting a army more then protecting a lil girl.

Infinite on the other hand i played it though i just rented it because i was not to thrilled with the whole sky thing. I did not like the whole skyline thing and well being stalked by her all the time did not help it was not to bad but after awhile of,hey i found this for you,your low on life get to cover and so forth kinda took away from the story a little to much. I did like the story it was a intersting take though a bit short and did kinda go off pace one in awhile, I just think it was way to short and small to be considered great. I did find it was not always balanced some parts way easy,other parts a bit nerve racking.And the DLC what can i say it was not that good and should have been in the game to start with or atleast all in once not some episode.

Over all i think the series should have been wrapped up with the under water city instead of making it in the air then making DLC that goes back to the under water it just did not feel right and was a bit confusing and broke up the story

Anyhow over all i liked 1+2 but glad i did not buy Infinite and i think the series should be wrapped up while it has a chance to be atleast remembered as mostly a good set of games. I think if they would have continued with the under water city and went back to how it all started that would have been a great ending to a good series

<snip>

That is a really good video, it sums things up perfectly. "Lowest common denominator" is exactly what this game aims for and it's not the only one, games are getting worse, it's very rare that something even remotely intelligent comes along.

• 8 months later...