Finally sick of the CTD's!

Afroherbalist

Alright, Ive put up with these bloody random crashes for like 2 years, surely there must be a fix by now. It seems to happen anywhere between 10 minutes into play, all the way up to 2 hours into play. I never noticed this before, but yesterday I had a look in the 'Eventvwr' utility, and I found the error events:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1- EventID:1000 (application error)

Faulting application fallout3.exe, version 1.7.0.3, faulting module fallout3.exe, version 1.7.0.3, fault address 0x0048503d.

2- EventID:2 (Xlive)

Title Fallout3.exe (1.7.0.3) XLive 3.0.0017.0 (WGX_XLIVE_V3.00_RTM.090714-1646) C:\WINDOWS\system32\xlive.dll

0x80004005

Games for Windows - LIVE DLL

C:\WINDOWS\system32\msidcrl40.dll 5.000.737.6

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Theres a total of 47 'Xlive' & 'Application Error's. 47 each (loads less than I thought there would be lol), and they're all connected to Fallout 3.

Can anybody tell me what I need to do to stop this from constantly happening?

Thanks in advance :thanks:

BTW Im on patch 1.7 (I thought I had 1.6) if that means anything

Alright, Ive put up with these bloody random crashes for like 2 years, surely there must be a fix by now. It seems to happen anywhere between 10 minutes into play, all the way up to 2 hours into play. I never noticed this before, but yesterday I had a look in the 'Eventvwr' utility, and I found the error events:

1- EventID:1000 (application error)

Faulting application fallout3.exe, version 1.7.0.3, faulting module fallout3.exe, version 1.7.0.3, fault address 0x0048503d.

2- EventID:2 (Xlive)

Title Fallout3.exe (1.7.0.3) XLive 3.0.0017.0 (WGX_XLIVE_V3.00_RTM.090714-1646) C:\WINDOWS\system32\xlive.dll

0x80004005

Games for Windows - LIVE DLL

C:\WINDOWS\system32\msidcrl40.dll 5.000.737.6

Theres a total of 47 'Xlive' & 'Application Error's. 47 each (loads less than I thought there would be lol), and they're all connected to Fallout 3.

Can anybody tell me what I need to do to stop this from constantly happening?

Thanks in advance :thanks:

BTW Im on patch 1.7 (I thought I had 1.6) if that means anything

uninstall live & use a "fake xlive.dll" (available with >Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch< & >FOMM< )

though you may need to move any of the DLC you may have to fallout3's "Data" folder check the thread "How to install Mods for Fallout 3" for more help.

Ive got the Unofficial patch, and FOMM, but where is the fake xlive.dll?

Open FOMM click the "Install Tweaker" button, then in the "Installation tweaker" window checkmark the "use fake xlive.dll". press the apply button, close when finished. the .dll should be installed.

hope that helps.

• 1 year later...

This could be exactly the solution that I need to fix my crash problem. However, when I check the "use fake xlive.dll", it says in the description not to do so if I want to use my DLC's. When I installed FOMM, it asked if I wanted to move all my DLC folders out of the GFWL registry. Is this going to disable my downloadable content even though I think they are already moved?

Scratch that question. I went ahead and tried it and my DLC seems to be working ok :thumbsup: