Can you attach static meshes to a moving object? (Creation Kit)

SpreadTheBirb

I posted this once in the mod troubleshooting, but I realized that was the wrong board, so I'm posting it here.

I'm trying to make a moving ship and a door on the ship that teleports you to an interior, but when the ship moves the door is left behind is it possible to some how attach the door to the ship to prevent this?

Thanks,

-SpreadTheBlood

I've had to deal with this issue myself. Sorry I can't be of any help, but as far as I know, static is static. Unfortunately, you want to use a door, and I wait how about this! pick any movable static object, copy it, reskin it with one of the static "door" objects (the ones that aren't really doors, they simply are static objects, like furniture), put it on the boat, then put an activator on it. I haven't used activator primitives, but there is a way to essentially make any object an activator by putting an activator primitive on it. if you put the boundaries of the primitive sufficiently close to what you want them to click on, it will "appear" as though they are getting the mouseover option to activate from the object itself, but really it's the invisible box that they are really hovering over. Then, just put an "onactivate" event script on the box, and bam! teleport to the inside :)

i have no idea whether the movable static will cooperate, but at least it will move with the aha! another idea could you put collision boxes around the movable static door? i can't remember if collision boxes are movable. hmm. maybe not. oh well, there are some other ideas for you though. hope it helps :)

I've had to deal with this issue myself. Sorry I can't be of any help, but as far as I know, static is static. Unfortunately, you want to use a door, and I wait how about this! pick any movable static object, copy it, reskin it with one of the static "door" objects (the ones that aren't really doors, they simply are static objects, like furniture), put it on the boat, then put an activator on it. I haven't used activator primitives, but there is a way to essentially make any object an activator by putting an activator primitive on it. if you put the boundaries of the primitive sufficiently close to what you want them to click on, it will "appear" as though they are getting the mouseover option to activate from the object itself, but really it's the invisible box that they are really hovering over. Then, just put an "onactivate" event script on the box, and bam! teleport to the inside :smile:

i have no idea whether the movable static will cooperate, but at least it will move with the aha! another idea could you put collision boxes around the movable static door? i can't remember if collision boxes are movable. hmm. maybe not. oh well, there are some other ideas for you though. hope it helps :smile:

Ill give it a try, I'm familiar with activator primitives, that's how I have the ships wheel activate to make it driveable, but again, the ship wheel is left behind, floating as well. I need some glue or duct tape on the door and wheel :P There has to be a way to make the objects stay in the spot they're supposed to. Another way would be to just remodel the ship to have the ship wheel an door already present, but then I think my issue would be making the primitives stay in their respective area.

The activator boxes will be left behind like the static door so thats not going to help you, even Bethesda makes cut-scenes when your on a moving boat.

How about those floating ship and balloon mods? do they actually move in real time or are those flying ships static as well?

If they move in real time then maybe you should check those mods out to see how they do it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13641/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24234/?

Edited by Guest