Chargable Spells

grmblf

Great work, continue, please, i love the auto update feature....

Compatibility with Supreme Magicka is not complete, because charged telekinesis loose most of the features (push/pull, activate containers...).

It´s completely compatible with Conduit Magic and Arcane Infusion mods where you can enchant the staff with any spell. Combined with your mod you can overcharge a spell and infuse it into the staff (overcharged spell: a spell so charged that you can´t launch it) and use that spell. Doing this you can simulate the main use (in my opininion) of the staffs: channelling magical energies in a more efficient way

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Refalken thanks for the report!

The thing with telekinesis is because they both use different spells, but I plan to add this kind of effects in my spells too. In fact now I'll start making the scripted spells, and this is one I want to add, but if someone has some other ideas please let me know and I'll try to make them "chargeable". Scripted spells I'm gonna add are:

- Push / Pull

- Recharge items

- Unsummon

- Unbound stuff

Something more you'd wish to add?

New release will also include a multiple-creature summoning system covering almost every creature in the game, with a unique method that allows you to summon an unlimited amount of creatures, even of the same type; summon at once an auto-calc'd amount of creatures with the alt. cast mode; differenciate summons for melee, archers and mages (yep! summon a bunch of skeleton archers or a couple of Dremora sorcerers!), 50% random chance that summoned creature has a weapon (Xivilai, Wraith and Minotaur). I got it all already done and in a final test stage.

As you can see, Chargeable Spells doesn't stop, and it won't! :)

What about meditation?

It should be eassy , its the same as cahrging a spell bur regenerating gagicka instead loosing it.

I've been thinking in three kins of meditations:

º out of combat meditation:

- only out of combat , not moving,

- medium magiclal regeneration

- reduce block, heavy an light aromur to 0 during meditation

º combat meditation

- in an out of combat, walking (not running nor jumping)

- low magiclal regeneration

- reduce speed, acovatics,block, heavy an light aromur during meditation and 10 second after it

º suicidal meditacion (very risky)

- in an out of combat, not moving

- fast magiclal regeneration, fortify magic, and fatigue and health damage

- reduce to 0 speed, acovatics,block, heavy an light aromur during meditation and 30 second after it

Yeah, I think I'm gonna add something similar, but probably I'll make it like channeling health into magicka. Giving an out-of-combat faster regen could be dangerous IMO, allowing some nasty moves like invisibility for 3 seconds, recharge quickly and strike again. So it's ok to give the player the chance for a last shot but it will be very risky. Well, reduce to 0 speed, acrobatics, block and armors is quite a hard punishment too, maybe it's too much.

Anyway this is quite a challenge because it will require several adjustments to the main script to track and modify health and magicka, so maybe I leave that for a future update, but when I finish what I'm doing now I'll give it a try.

The to-0-reduction can be too much, it was delivetated to show tha it will require a big punishment ...

I'd rather big temporal punishment (like silence durin 30 after out of combat meditation ) or fatigue/stamina drain to thealth drain but it's your choice.

continue your work in your way, this is only brainstorming.

p.s. I usually use mgikacl regeneratin reduction mods

• 2 months later...

absolutely brilliant mod mate, sm effects to telekinesis would be fantastic addition.

tho merchant spell substitution isnt necessary imo, you could run script _adding_ chargeable version of spell whenever player acquires new spell (or with manually triggered script), leaving merchants and old spells alone

also i found charing be tad too slow for me liking, you could move the static 4.0 ratio divisor to ini as a customizable var (after bit testing im using 2.75-3 there) or you could script them to progressively lower the divisor as your health percentage drops - blood rage for mages, hehe

anyho, great job :thanks:

PSEUDO-COMPATIBILITY WITH SUPREME MAGICKA

I've been using Hotkey Casting OBSE in conbiantion with your mod and I noticed that following this procedure you can charge telekinesis and keep the suprme magicka efects:

1 have the ch-telekisesis spell hotkeyed

2 charge the spell as ususal...

3 change to another spell

4 use the hotkeyed ch- telekinesie: the spell will have the last charge and the supreme makicka efects...

this means that ther sould be a way to charge ANY single spell efect in th spellefects list (perhaps convinations of effects too) even scripted effects. For example a simple way coul be making different the charging an the casting keys or addinsg a pre concentraion key (to pre-charge the spell ). but i'd prefer to contiune only with one key for charging and casting spells... but it sounds a little more difficult

CONTINIOSUSlY inresing spell

Using the doc 's contiious casting ring (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=25513) acting with a charceable spell will do both things: casting a contiliously increasings spell