Ctrl + F4 to export NPC facegen data in CK not working?

Connectamabob

I'm trying to create a new NPC for a mod, but the Ctrl + F4 thing isn't working anymore for some reason, so I'm unable to export the NPC's facegen data. I press the keys, and nothing happens: no "do you want to..." pop up, no data export. It's not my keyboard, because both keys work in other programs (I even tried macroing the keys to my game pad, and it didn't work there either).

Is this a new bug, or just me? Is there an alternate way to export these data?

Edited by Connectamabob

I did try that, and it didn't work.

I tried again hours later, and it did work, but then when I tried to do another new NPC, it went right back to nothing working again. So it seems I can do the Ctrl + F4 export every once in a while, but rarely, and completely at random as far as I can tell.

@D8alus: My keyboard is one of those ones that lacks an F-lock key. I have to set F-lock status in the driver. Believe me, this was the very FIRST thing I checked, as I've had issues with that before (last lime I ever buy a Logitech keyboard. Love their other peripherals, but the keyboard F-lock shinannigans are BS).

@Jokerine: That... sounds like a possibilty. Seems random as hell, yet totally plausible given other odd stuff in the CK. I'll give it a test.

Ran into this a little while ago after not having had any problems with it. Turned out the fix for me was to make sure I had the 'Actors' category selected before highlighting my NPC and hitting CTRL- F4. Hope that helps; I've been tinkering with the CK for a couple of weeks and it is NOT the most user friendly thing ever.

• 8 months later...

One of the mysteries of the CK is that this solution does not seem to work for all NPCs. I have been totally unable to figure out why I can't get this to work for Aela the Huntress, but it works fine for Jordis the Sowrdmaiden, Erik the Slayer, Vilkas & Farks, etc.

Just plain weird, and gave me such a migraine, I left her as she is.