Stable Immersion/Leveling based Mod List

Highlord90

I realised how pointless showing off my mod order was without links to the actual mods so I'm going to work on that and get back to you folks...#

This isn't my load order by the way, I'm just going from top to bottom of my NMM folders :smile:

When I use HARDCORE before a mod it typically means I consider it a mod that deliberately makes your game life complicated but for immersions sake. You'll tend to get things done more slowly but also feel like your living in this world just like everybody else.

Hunters Cabin of Riverwood

A nice little house overlooking Riverwood. It doesn't require you to do much to get the house but going through Embershed mine to get the key is effort enough to unlock the door. I don't usually play a Hunter but I got it anyway because it looks nice.

Pets of Skyrim

Sizzling: The Vanilla dog is cute but a little...well...Derpy for lack of a better term and I'm really more of a cat person. Well this mod adds cats and some new breeds of dogs, it's all for immersion for me but I haven't fully explored the mod yet.

No Heavy Muscular Walk and Idle

This is for people using Pumping Iron in my perspective and doesn't make your weak little man walk like a big muscled orc.

Horse Trotting Instead of Walking

HARDCORE: Realistically horses can't run forever, they get tired too, so for if your into that kind of immersion then have a gander at this. Your horse will trot instead of walking making it easier for immersion seekers to get around a bit quicker if you don't fast travel.

No Death Spinning Animation

Thank you!!!: Before I die I have but one ambition...TO BE A SUPER AWESOME SPINNING TOP MAN WEEEEEEEEEE *blegh*...the last thing I would do when I die is do a full 360 circle before falling over, it's so damn stupid, well it was fixed and I can't say THANK THE NINE DIVINES enough.

YY Anim Replacer - Mystic Knight

Cool: For those who want a more stylish looking character that uses board and sword or magic and sword then this mod is for you. It's a little feminine but customizable so you can choose which ones not to use. I've had this one for a little while now and find it to be relatively good.

360 Walk and Run Plus

A simple mod that makes running without a weapon out more realistic. Basically your guy wont strafe or run backwards but instead turn to face the direction like a normal person would unless he has a weapon out.

The Dance of Death

Not a personal favourite and one I'm debating if it's worth keeping but if you want some nice looking finisher anims then go right ahead, I just don't think it suits my style too much but it's well done and nice to look at, won't deny that.

Immersive Armours and Weapons

Thank You!!!: A mod set that speaks for itself, the sheer amount of gear that these two mods deliver is astounding and game reviving. All the gear is lore friendly and feels like it fits in nicely with Skyrim. Me love my Wolf Katana

Underwater Swimming SFX Fix

This tones down the immersion breaking loud splashes underwater that sound the same as the splashes when your above it.

Sounds of Skyrim <No Link>

This is a 3 mod set that makes the game simply sound better. It has a Civilisations, Dungeons and Wilderness pack which you can download them at the Nexus.

Clanking Armour

Just a simple mod that makes heavy armour clank realistically, purely for immersions sake and not a big game changer.

Heart of the Beast - Werewolf Sound and Texture Overhaul

Sizzling: A simply mod that has three sets to choose from and makes werewolves look and sound rather frightening.

Improved Combat Sounds

A nice mod that makes combat sound better. Read the description for a better description

Smooth Blades Draw and Sheath

Another sound mod for immersions sake but it does make drawing your sword sound so much better

Bandits Wear Helmets

Self explanatory yet again, what did you think they used them as bowls?

Better Archmages Robes

Not actually seen them in my game yet but the screenshots make them look good...perhaps even BETTER

Cloaks of Skyrim and Winter is Coming

Both of these mods can work together just make sure you install Cloaks of Skyrim first then Winter is Coming. These cloaks are also usable with Frostfall and Wet and Cold.

ACE - Athyra's Comprehensive Enhancements

I do like this mod but I only use the ARCHERY module because my main Perk Overhaul is, to me, a lot more detailed and has way more perks but the Archery Module in this splits the bows into two types both of which have separate perks on the Archery tree so it;s worth it for that.

Skyrim Performance Plus

Use this with a low end machine and it'll make some changes to certain textures without actually making them look that much different.

Magicka and Stamina Combat Regeneration

I thought the combat regen was a little crippling, especially if you're a starter mage who doesn't use any other kind of offence. This has a lot of NPC's available for download that come in many flavours but their clearly described of their function so just pick the two you like and have at it.

Bounty Gold

Sizzling: Ever feel under appreciated as a Bounty Hunter. Do you feel like what you get just isn't enough for the risk you take in keeping the peace? WHO THE HELL ONLY PAYS 100 GOLD WHEN I FOUGHT AND KILLED A GOSH DARN GIANT!!! sorry I lost it there...Anyway this mod allows you to set how much you receive for your efforts and you can even set it to increase by a custom amount every level. I have it like this:

Bandits: 500 + 25 per level

Giants: 1000 + 75 per level

Forsworn: 700 + 50 per level

Dragons: 1500 + 100 per level

Bounty Hunting has never been so rewarding and i feel my settings are realistic enough

No NPC Greetings

Thank You!!!: Ever feel like walking past someone and them telling you about their deceased parents, missing brother, how terrible their marriage is or how much they hate horses is way too much information to share with a passing stranger? Well let's free you from those shackles of commitment so that you can commence with being the dark hooded loner you want to be!

*Jon Battle-Born* You know what's wrong with Skyrim these days every-

*You* I DON'T CARE!!!!

Gods just let me walk in peace...

Run For Your Lives and When Vampires Attack

When Dragons or Vampires attack a village or city of NPC's you don't want to see die then install these two mods and stop the tears. NPC's will run home or into the nearest house when one of two attacks happen instead of fighting with the guard when they have absolutely no combat skill.

Skyrim Community Uncapper

A simple mod that pushes skill level caps from 100 to 10000, it's good if you want to keep getting that much stronger

Character Creation Overhaul

Old school character classes make a welcome return and give you a little bit more focus in your game. It removes the Guardian Stones and puts their effects back into being birth signs, you can change your class any time using the book provided or sell it and be dedicate but once you do that then the choice is stuck, you cant change your birth sign, class or anything.

Werewolf Perks Expanded

Werewolf perks are good in vanilla but this mod aims to add more and make being a werewolf a lot more satisfying.

Non-Stop Mining and Chopping

Thank You!!!: Brilliant Mod if you want to work in a mine to make some quick gold but hate it when the ore runs out. Now it's more realistic and never does (If anything it wouldn't deplete after just nine strokes) making mining a valid source of good income. The big change is though that when you mine it takes six hits to get one piece of ore, a nice idea that balances it out evenly. Wood chopping also becomes an endless animation.

I use this opportunistically, if I need to leave the room for an extended period of time but not enough to warrant a shut down if I mean to come back then, if I'm near a Mine of Mill, I just put my fella to work and make some gold.

Alternate Start - Live Another Life

It's a little hard to find your footing with this mod but anything beats the vanilla intro, it was fun at first but the forced instances suck. Don't pick the shipwrecked oen if you use Frostfall, I can't find my way off the ship and always die of exposure before I can.

ABT - Arrows and Bolts Tweaks

A good mod for hunters who don't want to waste arrows as they chase down that elusive deer but it also makes it a valid combat option.

Enhanced Skyrim Factions

This mod makes being a Companion more fun. You will need to work harder before advancing and that means getting more jobs between story missions and advancing your skills to certain levels. No greenhorn will be allowed to be Harbinger any more, I think that option comes after level 25.

Bald Head

Just lets you be bald...plain and simple. I feel the option is missing from the game so I got this to add some variety.

Dovahkinder Collection Replacer

Mods that replace the vanilla child clothes with less plain looking ones depending on the module you download

Enhanced Lights and FX

Cool: This mod makes the lighting look much more realistic and looks great even if your running the game on it's lowest graphical settings without any FPS hit that I noticed. I personally love this mod for making the game much more realistic looking.

Hold Border Banners

Another mod for immersions sake. It simply adds banners by the side of the road so you know you've crossed into another hold. Think of it as a road sign.

Running Drains Stamina

Hardcore: This mod is for people looking for realism because realistically your character can't run at the pace he or she goes at forever without getting a little tired. It's like with Morrowind's fatigue system and forces you to walk because running will drain stamina and that can be a costly mistake if you get attacked. My suggestion, buy a horse.

Pumping Iron - Dynamic Muscle Growth

Feelings...What are those? Turn your scrawny little man into a beefcake overtime as you get stronger and stronger. You don't suffer any penalties when your still a toothpick but it now seems more realistic as you get stronger and stronger.

Wet and Cold - Ashes - Holiday

Hardcore: Comes in 3 different versions but the last two require the main file. If you swim in water or stay out in the rain expect to start dripping with water and combined with Frostfall this can increase your exposure to the cold and force you to warm up.

The second esp adds a version for the ash plains in Solstiem, meaning during an ash storm you'll need a hood, perhaps some goggles, and a mouth cover if you like to avoid the dangers of the ash.

The third and final esp adds in a lot of Holiday events that add some festive joy to Skyrim. You can also pick a day to be your characters birthday.

Lore Based Loading Screens

Cool: I like this mod because I've learned so much of the Elder Scrolls lore just from reading the loading screens. Chesko (the creator of Frostfall) has a knack for entertaining mods.

Realistic Running Speed

Hardcore: Just a simple mod for immersions sake that makes running more realistic in terms of how fast you go. Makes having a horse quite meaningful too.

Dead Body Collision Fix

Think Dark Souls body collision and go...huh...then think of Skyrim and go...yeah that's not right...You can now pile up bodies if you wanted and stand on top of this glorious pile of victory instead of running through them.

Please note that a body pile isn't really necessary.

Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival

Hardcore: This is one of the most popular mods on the nexus and rightly so. It's been covered head to toe in praise just you'll be covered head to toe in fur when you get this mod. I insist on any role players or immersion seekers to get this mod, it's so well done and works wonderfully. You may need a mod that makes your script run faster though.

Lanterns of Skyrim

A nice mod that makes Skyim a little brighter. Lore friendly too.

SM Drop Lit Torches

I like this mod but for the love of god try to avoid using the provided hotkey torch power it gives you so just use the normal torch equip option if you want to favourite it as you drop the torches when you use a spell or weapon in your left hand anyway.

Skyfalls + Skymills

Just makes waterfalls and windmills animated in the distance instead of being static. Apparently causes some FPS hit but I haven't noticed it.

Immersive Skyrim Thunder

Adds in thunder sounds that the vanilla game had disabled.

Hunterborn

Thank You!!!: The perfect mod for a hunter. Allows you to tweak in a variety of different ways and makes hunting a good source of income. You can also set how valuable an animal pelt is and whether or not you can skin monsters like trolls and the like. Dragons are also a valid hunt if you set it. You can effectively be a game hunter, monster hunter or a dragon hunter or all three but you'll get more money for more dangerous creatures. Very satisfying and works well with Frostfall.

Guard Dialogue Overhaul

The Guards simply have more to say now using lines that weren't activated in Vanilla (or expertly acted, hard to tell.)

Immersive Patrols

Sizzling: A good mod that adds in a number of lore friendly patrols such as Thalmor, Bandit and Werewolf. If Military Patrols cross paths expect a small skirmish.

Realistic Needs and Diseases

Hardcore: Another mod that goes well with Frostfall and Hunterborn. You need to eat, drink and sleep and also stay sober if you can manage it. If you get sick then seek out help asap or you wont be able to sleep properly but so long as you eat and drink you can fight off the illness.

Improved Skill Books

Lets you know what this skill book will increase with the skill in brackets at the end of the title on your HUD such as Light Armour Forging (Smithing). It may break immersion for some but this is one I can let slip past my preferences

Starting Spell Choice

Has a magic selection process similar to Oblivion's LAME mod by letting you select which basic starter spells you want at the beginning through the use of scrolls. Please not that Alternate Start - Choose Another Life needs a patch that can be found on the mods downloads section. The spell scrolls will be in the skeleton.

Fully Equipped Blacksmiths

Thank You: Adds crafting tables and smelters to any Blacksmith shops that were missing them in the first place. Works will Non-Stop Mining and Chopping.

CM Merchants

Thank You!!!: Adds merhcants to any small village or town that doesn't have one. They set up stalls beside the inn and are quite well funded.

BorderSense

Use with Hold Flags for more immersion. Simply lets you know when you've crossed into a different hold. Comes with a version to keep immersion when your character recognises certain landmarks and locations so he knows where he/she is.

Another Sorting Mod

Makes your menu's look neater. OCD fanatics will like it.

FISS

Thank You!!!: Handy little tool to improve how your scripts run. Helpful when Frostfall acted up, hasn't faulted since I got this one though.

Windsong Skyrim Character Overhaul

Oh my word those wood elves look so...so...MMMMMMMMM...A nice mod that makes all the races look very pretty and it works with low graphics settings albeit a bit more plain looking.

Vanilla Reduced Textures

Purely to help lower end PC's/Laptops run Skyrim easier. It works.

That'll do for now, gonna test some mods before I add the rest, chow

Edited by Highlord90