Premature Release  

225 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of quest's would you like to see the most?

• Quests that introduces well written characters and well written stories.
    • Quests that have riddles and mysteries that you need to solve.
    • Stories that draws upon the Elder Scrolls Lore, and delves deep into many of the unanswered questions in the Elder Scrolls Universe. (Even though we know we're probably getting a biased answer, or probably not a complete answer)
    • Quests that will allow you to explore places you've never been before, or discover places where you thought there was nothing.
    • Quests pop out of nowhere and surprises you
    • I don't really care for stories, or concepts, or anything! I am the Dragonborn! Just point me in the general direction you want slashing!
  2. 2. Do you like the outfits created by this mod? Would you like to see more of these in the project?

• I love it! Make as many as you can!
    • I think this one plain shirt with a few belt and color variations is enough.
    • I do not like what you have made.
    • I think there are enough vanilla outfits in the game. Why create new ones?
    • I have no opinion on the matter.

You have a very unique flair in the design of the villages. I eagerly wait until its completion.

Thank you :)

The villages I feel still has some work that needs to be put into them. I want them to stand out, make for a nice balance of variation and realism. I appreciate the comment, though I must point out that there are a lot of really good mods out there that add very nice variations and new villages to the game, I therefor hope I won't disappoint at the day of release :)

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is amazing. The work you've done is astounding.

It manages to differentiate the cities from each other, while still keeping the Skyrim feel. I can't wait for the release. I definitely this is something people will enjoy - it's quite different from the other city overhauls I've seen so far.

My one suggestion is to make it modular so users can pick and choose between the cities. While it might be a far-off goal, I think it would make the mod that much better.

Edited by Matthiaswagg

It manages to differentiate the cities from each other, while still keeping the Skyrim feel. I can't wait for the release. I definitely this is something people will enjoy - it's quite different from the other city overhauls I've seen so far.

My one suggestion is to make it modular so users can pick and choose between the cities. While it might be a far-off goal, I think it would make the mod that much better.

I have everything currently in one ESP. I did come to regret this decision, but I believe there is a way to seperate the works into seperate esp's. Reason why I didn't do this at the beginning was I plan to have quests that will have you traveling between the cities aswell as features like ship transport, banking system which would require them to be nooked. I fear when I started out I was completely new to modding, I was really just some guy who got tired of waiting for someone else to do all the hard work (hehe). I hope when the time comes for the release, someone can help me seperate the esp's for those who only want some of the content. :)

This looks incredible! It actually looks like a full town!

How is progress on the other holds?

Falkreath is finished. Winterhold is finished. Dawnstar is finished. All of the villages including the new ones I've added are finished with the exception of Dragonbridge, Darkwater Crossing, and North Keep. I have doubts wether I will actually do anything with Dragonbridge and Darkwater crossing though as I kind of like them as they are. Morthal aswell, I doubt I will do much other then maybe add one or two more houses, aswell as maybe a small burial cairn for Morihaus who the town is named after. Whiterun is halfway there. I still have to add Package AI for the new citizens and finish the "Water Canals". I've spent most of this summer working on Solitude, which I can proudly say at this moment is 90% finished. I intend to add some new area's inside the Blue Palace such as a Vault and some rooms for the Nobles, and well, some new halls in Castle Dour. I also intend to do a little more for the sewers under Solitude.

I have yet to actually start working on Markarth and Riften, I will very soon start adding the finishing touches on Windhelm. I am a little unsure what to do about Riften. After watching the Hobbit movie I kind of felt like adding some more buildings by the harbor, but on second thought I am not too entirely sure about that right now. Markarth always felt right with me as well, it is missing the college of the voice, and maybe an expansion to the Jarls Keep and the Warren's. I do also intend to put a little work into the guards holdings by the main gate.

If you got any neat idea's please do share them!

I have everything currently in one ESP. I did come to regret this decision, but I believe there is a way to seperate the works into seperate esp's. Reason why I didn't do this at the beginning was I plan to have quests that will have you traveling between the cities aswell as features like ship transport, banking system which would require them to be nooked. I fear when I started out I was completely new to modding, I was really just some guy who got tired of waiting for someone else to do all the hard work (hehe). I hope when the time comes for the release, someone can help me seperate the esp's for those who only want some of the content. :smile:

Falkreath is finished. Winterhold is finished. Dawnstar is finished. All of the villages including the new ones I've added are finished with the exception of Dragonbridge, Darkwater Crossing, and North Keep. I have doubts wether I will actually do anything with Dragonbridge and Darkwater crossing though as I kind of like them as they are. Morthal aswell, I doubt I will do much other then maybe add one or two more houses, aswell as maybe a small burial cairn for Morihaus who the town is named after. Whiterun is halfway there. I still have to add Package AI for the new citizens and finish the "Water Canals". I've spent most of this summer working on Solitude, which I can proudly say at this moment is 90% finished. I intend to add some new area's inside the Blue Palace such as a Vault and some rooms for the Nobles, and well, some new halls in Castle Dour. I also intend to do a little more for the sewers under Solitude.

I have yet to actually start working on Markarth and Riften, I will very soon start adding the finishing touches on Windhelm. I am a little unsure what to do about Riften. After watching the Hobbit movie I kind of felt like adding some more buildings by the harbor, but on second thought I am not too entirely sure about that right now. Markarth always felt right with me as well, it is missing the college of the voice, and maybe an expansion to the Jarls Keep and the Warren's. I do also intend to put a little work into the guards holdings by the main gate.

Hmmm. With the quests between cities it might be somewhat difficult, yes. But you could probably separate them using TES5Edit with Deep Copy as Override (except rather than merging, it would be deep copying as override into blank esps). When the time comes, should you make it modular, I could probably help you with a fomod script/installer.

I do think Riften could do with a bit more impoverishment, particularly in the lower levels. While they're fairly grungy already, I think making them look even poorer might do some good. Perhaps making the back-alleys and areas that usually wouldn't be mantained as well more noticeably poor. Also, I think there should be a few more shadowmarks/thieves' caches.

Edited by Matthiaswagg

I have everything currently in one ESP. I did come to regret this decision, but I believe there is a way to seperate the works into seperate esp's. Reason why I didn't do this at the beginning was I plan to have quests that will have you traveling between the cities aswell as features like ship transport, banking system which would require them to be nooked. I fear when I started out I was completely new to modding, I was really just some guy who got tired of waiting for someone else to do all the hard work (hehe). I hope when the time comes for the release, someone can help me seperate the esp's for those who only want some of the content. :smile:

Hmmm. With the quests between cities it might be somewhat difficult, yes. But you could probably separate them using TES5Edit with Deep Copy as Override (except rather than merging, it would be deep copying as override into blank esps). When the time comes, should you make it modular, I could probably help you with a fomod script/installer.

Oh! That would be awesome! Yes I am certain there are a ton of people would prefer singler Esp's. This mod adds a few new villages as well, as Black Moor, and Amber Guard, Etc... And while I've tried to place these as much out of the way as possible... there are bound to be castle mods, or.. quest mods, or dungeon mods which will then clash. Thank you! :)

I do think Riften could do with a bit more impoverishment. It's actual a fairly nice city, but I think it should have a more "this city used to be beautiful, but not anymore" look. You'd be able to tell it was once beautiful and prosperous, but it's clearly down on its luck.

I kind of liked Riften's design by Bethesda actually. It greets you as this cozy Nordic town and then has that swiftly rising undertone of corruption and notoriety. I can try to run it down a little and see how it feels. Been a while since I updated myself on Riften's lore. When I start out designing I always spend an hour or two going through the lore and putting down pointers to how I should make it look and feel, I do remember that Riften was recently the sight of a civil war against a tyrant Jarl, hence the swords on the banner. The city may be under control by the Blackbriar family, but in spite of that the Thieves Guild is hardly as powerful as they used to be. When Bethesda designed Riften they did hit the tone you ask me. The tone of "Used to be pretty, now isn't" can't be said better then the Market District in the city, where there are pavements missing, and shrubberies. If I am to push the notion of impoverishment I think I'll do this on the lower levels, and the walkway stretching from the graveyard to the main gate, and then we'll see how it looks and feels :)

I do think Riften could do with a bit more impoverishment. It's actual a fairly nice city, but I think it should have a more "this city used to be beautiful, but not anymore" look. You'd be able to tell it was once beautiful and prosperous, but it's clearly down on its luck.

I kind of liked Riften's design by Bethesda actually. It greets you as this cozy Nordic town and then has that swiftly rising undertone of corruption and notoriety. I can try to run it down a little and see how it feels. Been a while since I updated myself on Riften's lore. When I start out designing I always spend an hour or two going through the lore and putting down pointers to how I should make it look and feel, I do remember that Riften was recently the sight of a civil war against a tyrant Jarl, hence the swords on the banner. The city may be under control by the Blackbriar family, but in spite of that the Thieves Guild is hardly as powerful as they used to be. When Bethesda designed Riften they did hit the tone you ask me. The tone of "Used to be pretty, now isn't" can't be said better then the Market District in the city, where there are pavements missing, and shrubberies. If I am to push the notion of impoverishment I think I'll do this on the lower levels, and the walkway stretching from the graveyard to the main gate, and then we'll see how it looks and feels :smile:

I think that'd be a good idea. In my original post I actually meant to talk about the lower levels, but I think it got cut out.