Skyrim characters are stiff and don't move

Stirkus

So ive tried everything you guys have mentioned but it still happens. Although now Werewolfs and some other Entities/NPC's have stopped working.... :psyduck:

try to uninstall creatures in GenerateFNISforUsers and than run SKSE it worked for me

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This is a bit late but for the same reason like iamsammyboy..

animals didnt move, played no animation so what i've did:

1. \Data\Meshes\actors and deleted all folders which contain content for animal behavior/animation (like cow\animations, horker\behaviors etc.)

2. Run FNIS and Creaturepack (if installed)

then it worked again.

!! BUT !!

Befor doing so be sure that these files are not required by any other mod. If so then you must reinstall those mods again. I suggest first moving them to another folder befor deleting.

Edited by BleedingEye

• 3 weeks later...

For some Skeletons and fnis you might need additional patches (like the skeleton arm fix)

Also keep in mind some animations, replacers regarding fnis overwrite the same files, and thus make some characters get stuck.

Be careful while using fnis, especially some additional plugins for it and on a heavy modded game.

Tbh, I stopped using fnis a while back. There are good mods that don't need Fnis. Like lifelike idle animations, and dragon animation replacer.

• 3 months later...

For everyone else who has this problem and can't fix it, try this:

-Go to your skyrim instalation folder

-go to data

-go to tools

-generateFNIS_for_Users

-then run GenerateFNISforUSers.exe as ADMINISTRATOR (else you might get an error)

-select at the bottem mods that you have installed, if you haven't installed any of the listed mods ignore it

-press update FNIS Behavior

Done

I hope it helpes

• 1 month later...

Anyone know of any other mods (or combos) that can cause this? I ask because I've run into this exact issue and I'm not currently running FNIS with the creature pack installed.

I had this problem while I was gameplay testing very early versions of my "More Dangerous Enemies" Mod. Because I didn't know any better, I would play for awhile, notice something I wanted to change, save the game, make the changes, activate the new version of the Mod, load the same save game, and keep doing this over and over. Then I tried running the game with that same save game without my Mod active and some characters now displayed that problem. I had saved info from my Mod into the save game and then used it without the Mod active.

So maybe, by activating and de-activating Mods using the same save game, you have saved corruption into it. If you have any older save games hopefully before any of this happened, maybe the problem won't be in them. It's worth a try...