Martial arts unarmed combat mod

XTgrndr

I'm looking for a specific mod to modify unarmed combat to martial arts.

I've seen one or two, but not sure how these work in terms of gameplay.

The one I looked at most said it replaced the animations with kicking only.

At least, I think that's what it said.

I'd actually like more precise control then that if possible.

What I want is a Light/Heavy combat mode when no weapons are equipped.

If you use a Light Attack, hands are used.

If you use a Heavy Attack, you kick your opponents.

Ideally, I'd like a few variations rather then just the same basic one.

For example, if you kick, you could do a straight upward kick or leap upwards and do a roundhouse to the head.

Edited by XTgrndr

If you use a Light Attack, hands are used.

If you use a Heavy Attack, you kick your opponents.

Ideally, I'd like a few variations rather then just the same basic one.

For example, if you kick, you could do a straight upward kick or leap upwards and do a roundhouse to the head.

I hate to say it brother, but I don't think your going to see that happen. It would be a lot of work for someone to make all those animations for normal and power attacks. The currently existing animation replacers are probably your only shot.

As much as I'd love to see this (being a long-time Systema practitioner myself), I'm with Devin - it's basically a pipe dream.

I had never heard of Systema until now, so thanks for that (interesting stuff). I used to box exclusively, but moved over to MMA as my reactions began to slow (my ground game made up for my loss of speed)....cr*p, I need to get back into it, been almost two years. Anyway, what I'd love to see, if we're talking pipe dreams, would be two actor animations. Choke holds, joint locks and other submission holds would be awesome. Breeze582000's Blender FO3 Biped Animation Kit was supposed to be updated to allow multiple armatures, but alas that's obviously not going to happen :(

Systema's great. There's a kind of focus to it; the philosophy is halfway between 'sporting' martial arts such as Karate and Taekwondo and 'self-defence' martial arts such as MCAMP and Krav Maga. It's designed for lethal force in the minimum possible time, but to become truly exceptional at it, one must learn to relax and calm your mind of all external thoughts - I actually use sparring as a form of meditation.

But on-topic, pipe dreams:

I'd love to see proper close-quarters takedowns. Even simple ones - y'know, grab the arm, pull it across your chest, kick out the back of their leg and pivot backwards to slam them onto their spine, then plant your knee into the elbow of the arm you're still holding to break it (might even cripple the arm of the enemy you do it to xD).

And specific 'critical finishes' for different weapons. Y'know, something like performing a takedown on the enemy, then as they fall, firing a few rapid blasts from a Ballistic Fist into their chest.

I saw the mod above, but was uncertain about it since it said kicks only.

Also, I automatically distrust any mod that isn't a direct New Vegas mod, because it may be incompatible.

At a very minimum, I would like two basic attacks, a punch/one handed strike and a kick move.

And yes, I did learn some of those moves (as many as a NCR aligned character can), but am unclear about what I need to execute them.

I think Ranger Takedown requires you to be moving backwards while hitting the attack key.

Since I push forward when attacking, I don't think this helps!

Which is why I wanted something more simple, like pressing L for handstrike, H for kick.