blacksmithy upgrade overhaul (random upgrades to world items)la

eddyg86

I've always wanted to see the 'fine' 'exceptional' and occasionally (superior) Items, elsewhere in the world than created by my player character.

It just ruins the immersion for me that I am the best blacksmith that Skyrim has ever seen, or ever will see, apparantly.

(Give the skyrim PC some iron, some leather strips, and then ANOTHER block of iron, and he can create a dagger better than the best ebony sword created by any of the NPC smiths, even at a fairly low level of smithing).

I've always thought it would be cool if you could find on items in chests, and from shops and equipped on NPC's - with a chance to be upgraded slightly already, to reflect that some other people in Skyrim can actually smith too (beyond that default level of no-upgrade).

It sounds difficult though.
Is this a feasible mod idea?

if this mod already exists can somebody please point it out? it's something i've wanted since day 1 (and it's always baffled me, why i can upgrade the crappest bow to best the best in the game, and ALL items in the game are 's#*!' if you get onto blacksmithing early, even iron armor can be better than some of the artifacts you're given)

it could be cool, too, to find some armor already in 'fine' condition, and go on to upgrade it further - but also it could be cool to find armor upgraded beyond your current ability. perhaps, by default, some of the artifacts could be upgraded to superior or heroic levels always, and it'd take a master smith with some alchemy & enchantments to outdo the existing upgrade..