Legion Assassins attack everyday

Zexuis

I'v began playing New Vegas again recently, this play-through helping the NCR and killing any and all Legion troops I meet. I first met the Legion soldiers at Nipton where after listening to Vulpes Inculta (man with the dog hat) give his speech, opened fire and killed the soldiers and got the "Vilified" reputation from the Legion, but thought nothing of it.

Well 20 hours later in the game, and the Legion sends assassins after me everyday, literally everyday. Although I use Project Nevada and Realistic Weapon Damage to make my play-through as brutal as possible, these daily raids are although fun, are also becoming more than annoying.

If nothing can be done, I can live through it but if there is a way to change the Legion Assassin spawn rate, via a mod, console command or the game difficulty, I would very much like to know :)

P.S I use the Hardcore Difficulty and so have needs such as sleep, eat and drink, and was wondering if me sleeping everyday resets the Legion spawn.

- Zexuis

Next time put on an NCR outfit before you attack him (outside of his view). Take the NCR uniform off once you have wiped out his team and you are safe, somewhere else. You can try raising your reputation with the Legion, when you aren't vilified by them they won't attack. Try putting on a faction disguise if you need to interact with the legion. I actually like the daily raids, I'm on normal difficulty though and have followers backing me up.

Next time put on an NCR outfit before you attack him (outside of his view). Take the NCR uniform off once you have wiped out his team and you are safe, somewhere else. You can try raising your reputation with the Legion, when you aren't vilified by them they won't attack. Try putting on a faction disguise if you need to interact with the legion. I actually like the daily raids, I'm on normal difficulty though and have followers backing me up.

Mainly for immersive purposes I tend not to disguise in faction gear, and although on Hardcore, I have Veronica punching things for me. However thank your for the ideas on how to trick the Legion :)

• 3 months later...

They do get annoying after a while. I had no idea using a faction disguise would actually transfer the negative reputation onto the NCR instead of you personally.

You'd think they would reconsider their tactics once the seventh assassin squad gets wiped out by one man, but no x)

One of the things that bugs me, really bugs me is reputation loss for taking out hit squads! Seriously whats that about, I mean if you don't want me to kill your soldiers stop sending them after me. Not rocket science baldy!

But I keep forgetting to try something. Take a spawn point (you know where they are) and mine the s**t out of it. Collect every single mine you come across, buy them whenever they turn up and just carpet the spawn point in frags, plasmas, pulses and gas bombs!.... In fact as soon as I'm done in the Sierra Madre I'm going to try it.

Player.additem 433c ... let me see... 200 should do it....

One of the things that bugs me, really bugs me is reputation loss for taking out hit squads! Seriously whats that about, I mean if you don't want me to kill your soldiers stop sending them after me. Not rocket science baldy!

But I keep forgetting to try something. Take a spawn point (you know where they are) and mine the s**t out of it. Collect every single mine you come across, buy them whenever they turn up and just carpet the spawn point in frags, plasmas, pulses and gas bombs!.... In fact as soon as I'm done in the Sierra Madre I'm going to try it.

Player.additem 433c ... let me see... 200 should do it....

Only really viable for some of the spots, especially if you run with companions. There are a few spawn points of the Legion hit squads that are right on Caravan routes, and when you get the "people randomly spawning and then walking back to where they belong in a straight line" glitch it gets worse.

I know this because I tried it and ended up with lots of dead travelling traders and Crimson Caravan groups...and a few townsfolk from around the waste.