Thief companion Constance

Guest Plugin Manager

There seems to be a general problem in your game that particularly affects npcs with special animations assigned to them.

This is relevant both for Laura and Constance and the dancing girl in Dome Home whereas I believe that no-one else in Dome Home has a special animation assigned (would have to doublecheck that as it was some time since I made these npcs, but I'm rather sure).

I'm not fully up to date with what animation mods that are used for Morrowind today, but if you are using any kind of animation mod, I would suspect you have the conflict there.

If Laura and Constance now are behaving as they should, it might be that if you leave the Dome Home girl behind for a while she will then also react properly.

Else, I can only think of that they might be encumbered or affected by a spell or disease. A common problem with Morroiwnd npcs is that if you gave them an item with constant effect it will in the long run have a reversed effect. So, if you give them a 'feather'-item it will start to burden them instead.

Both Laura and Constance should cast spells on themselves to heal themselves from diseases and such. But the dome home girl isn't a companion so she doesn't have this feature.

If you aren't using an animation mod and the dome home girl continues to act strange, write back and I'll read up on what you should try next (I'm a bit rusty, haven't made any Morrowind companion for a while, just been working on companions for Oblivion :)).

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have given this file my endorsement.

Ahh, I figured it out. I did suspected that it could be something about animations as I was using Axel's female anim, so I tried to disable it and at some point I pressed that little nice "fix animation errors" button. So it's all good now :)

Great! I'm so glad it was something simple :). Hope you will have lots of fun with 'the girls' in your game. And thank you for the endorsement :)

I tried other modders companions before but this one is by far the most fun.

I have a question about companions stat display - does it show the actual current stats or just the base ones? I tried to give her a ring of winds and my personal shirt with fortify unarmored (which she equipped) but the stat report didn't show any changes. I was about to make her a couple of rings with fortify light armor and sanctuary but not sure if it's gonna do any good.

I tried other modders companions before but this one is by far the most fun.

Glad to hear this! :)

She is of course a PITA at times, but if you can live with that, she at least can make your MW-life less... stable... than it was before.

I have a question about companions stat display - does it show the actual current stats or just the base ones? I tried to give her a ring of winds and my personal shirt with fortify unarmored (which she equipped) but the stat report didn't show any changes. I was about to make her a couple of rings with fortify light armor and sanctuary but not sure if it's gonna do any good.

A script is setting her skills to match the level of the player - but they are calculated for a female woodelf thief, i.e. not copying yours. That means that enchanted items probably not won't have any effect on her. At least not any good effect!! As I mentioned in my previous post here, there is an important *bug* with Morrowind npcs using spells or items with constant effects. Once you have changed cells with them, the effect will start to work reverted. I.e. a 'fortify strength' cuirass will be a 'drain strength' cuirass, a 'slowfall'-effect will be a 'hit-the-ground-fast-as-[censored]'-effect. And so on! So, my suggestion is that you keep the items you mention as far away from Constance and all other companions as possible. It's better that you use them, yourself :).

Argh, guess I'll have to take away that Cuirass of Saviours Hide, 60% vulnerability to magicka wouldn't be fun. Pity, 100 AR cuirass is quite a thing.

But then again, from my experience with other followers as well as Constance health restoring amulet seems to work fine, maybe some other effects like shield should work properly too?

I wonder though what would happen if I actually make an item with a negative CE effect, like vulnerable to fire or somesuch, would it turn into something good this way?

Argh, guess I'll have to take away that Cuirass of Saviours Hide, 60% vulnerability to magicka wouldn't be fun. Pity, 100 AR cuirass is quite a thing.

I am not sure if it the general rule of reversed effects apply on everything - it's trial and error. Some things that I do work reversed are the attributes (strength, agility etc), feather, slowfall. I would suspect there's a high risk that magicka resistance could turn out to be vulnerability to magicka.

But then again, from my experience with other followers as well as Constance health restoring amulet seems to work fine, maybe some other effects like shield should work properly too?
Restore health isn't a *constant* effect, it's an effect that *does* something (restore health). (Sorry, my english isn't great, I don't find the proper words here). Shield also *does* something, so it could work. Trial and error is interesting - would be good to learn from you if it worked well or not! :)

I wonder though what would happen if I actually make an item with a negative CE effect, like vulnerable to fire or somesuch, would it turn into something good this way?

Well, it appears that it is in relation to cell changes that the effects start to work reversed. So it would probably be switching between good and bad. I wouldn't count on that a curse would have a longterm good effect on the companion. (Again, I'm interested in any feedback on what happened :)).

• 1 month later...

I have given this file my endorsement.

One of the greatest companion mods. It's fantastic.

Thank you!

It's great to hear that you enjoy her company :smile:

• 1 month later...

She's a perfect counterpart for my Theif Kjahit character. It's quite fun when they both double team some guy into letting them get their way. Womanly charms go go go! XD

Was looking for something like this for a long time ever since I got Julan for my other character. Constance is perfect.

• 4 weeks later...

She's a perfect counterpart for my Theif Kjahit character. It's quite fun when they both double team some guy into letting them get their way. Womanly charms go go go! XD

Was looking for something like this for a long time ever since I got Julan for my other character. Constance is perfect.

Great to hear that! :smile:

I think it's actually quite fun to use Julan and Constance together - they're quite a team.

I've gotta say: your companion mods set a new standard for Morrowind and Oblivion. Fantastic job!

Thank you :smile:

Constance is an old mod, though... we - Grumpy and I - made her back in 2005. Back then I think she did set a new standard, but Kateri's Julan was released 18 months later, and he is awesome. Like said above, they're a great team, too.