Thief companion Constance

Guest Plugin Manager

In response to post #41419450. #44163825 is also a reply to the same post.

Papatan91 wrote: great mod! Constance is a blast. just started with her yesterday but already i can see the love and dedication you put into making her. the story and dialogue is great as a character she is really well fleshed-out. and you managed to find a very good balance for making her helpful but not OP
asajjVentress wrote: i cannot get mod to show up when i open game and click data files to ativate it:(

You're installing it wrong.

Chances are you've got a "Constance_1_2" folder in your Data Files folder. Extract the contents of that into Data Files and delete the "Constance_1_2" folder.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Constance is fun to have around, and the ai and interface is well done. Except when i hit her more than 2x in the dark.Sometimes i reload or use the contact amulet to tell her to stop fighting, though she doesnt leave the fighting pose .She s says I'm in a fight right now, and i say stop again. Gotta avoid that haha.

I had a question can someone extract the arrow addon from the original site, http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Constance.htm

and upload it in a zipped esp file?

The addon by Dyn_Sol gives constance unlimited arrows but its in a outdated autoinstaller? a kind of archive file? Anyway can someone upload the esp version?

Edited by drecokadabra

Mod suggestion for Emma, opinion- wavy blond hair is outdated(80s 90s). Can you add wigs for Constance?

I found wigs and masks and use a few for constance found in these shop weapon/armor mods-

Carnithus armamentarium http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/3906/?

the Leather Breton http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/937/?

Edited by drecokadabra

In response to post #47318470.

drecokadabra wrote: Constance is fun to have around, and the ai and interface is well done. Except when i hit her more than 2x in the dark.Sometimes i reload or use the contact amulet to tell her to stop fighting, though she doesnt leave the fighting pose .She s says I'm in a fight right now, and i say stop again. Gotta avoid that haha.

I had a question can someone extract the arrow addon from the original site, http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Constance.htm
The addon by Dyn_Sol gives constance unlimited arrows but its in a outdated autoinstaller? a kind of archive file? Anyway can someone upload the esp version?

Fighting. Try this, from readme:
Call up the console. Click on Constance, so that her name shows up at the top of the console. Type:
StartCombat player
That should help. She will probably not attack you, but if she will, just type again:
StopCombat

You may just need to put StopCombat in though.

Arrows add-on. It's an ACE file, a type of archive file like ZIP, RAR and 7z. Get a decent archiver (7zip is free). That'll open it.

In response to post #47318470. #47349475 is also a reply to the same post.

drecokadabra wrote: Constance is fun to have around, and the ai and interface is well done. Except when i hit her more than 2x in the dark.Sometimes i reload or use the contact amulet to tell her to stop fighting, though she doesnt leave the fighting pose .She s says I'm in a fight right now, and i say stop again. Gotta avoid that haha.

Dragon32 wrote: Fighting. Try this, from readme:
Call up the console. Click on Constance, so that her name shows up at the top of the console. Type:
StartCombat player
That should help. She will probably not attack you, but if she will, just type again:
StopCombat

Arrows add-on. It's an ACE file, a type of archive file like ZIP, RAR and 7z. Get a decent archiver (7zip is free). That'll open it.

@dragon 32, thanks for the stop combat console code. will try, ive gotten better at using nighteye and a torch to see something, the overhauls MSGO+MR+TRreally change the feel of modded morrowind, It also means i have to play torch in one hand and enchanted sword in other hand with companions and summon to back me up as morrowind combat is mostly button mashing. no more sniping like skyrim in morrowind due to changes in these overhauls.
Guess constance is pretty good at seeing in the dark as she never misses . Thank the AI system.

I Installed 7zip just for this , it said cannot open file as archive.
I usually use peazip, i can see the contents of archive, but when i extract, peazip uses a addon and goes into command prompt window and extracts to somewhere , i havent got the esp file yet ,in short.
So help is appreciated. please upload as a modern zip or rar archive.
Edited by drecokadabra

In response to post #47318470. #47349475, #47366400 are all replies on the same post.

Dragon32 wrote: Fighting. Try this, from readme:
StartCombat player
StopCombat

drecokadabra wrote: @dragon 32, thanks for the stop combat console code. will try, ive gotten better at using nighteye and a torch to see something, the overhauls MSGO+MR+TRreally change the feel of modded morrowind, It also means i have to play torch in one hand and enchanted sword in other hand with companions and summon to back me up as morrowind combat is mostly button mashing. no more sniping like skyrim in morrowind due to changes in these overhauls.
Guess constance is pretty good at seeing in the dark as she never misses . Thank the AI system.

I Installed 7zip just for this , it said cannot open file as archive.
I usually use peazip, i can see the contents of archive, but when i extract, peazip uses a addon and goes into command prompt window and extracts to somewhere , i havent got the esp file yet ,in short.
So help is appreciated. please upload as a modern zip or rar archive.

Weird, doesn't open in 7zip for me either. Bandizip opens it though. Try this download instead: http://mw.modhistory.com/download-37-10371

I don't have upload capabilities here, and I'm not signed up to Dropbox or anything.

There's WinAce itself (shareware): http://www.winace.com/

But for just one file maybe grab the command line version from the Downloads page, if you're OK with the command line of course.

• 8 months later...
I used this for years way back when I was in college and it was one of my favorite mods. Constance felt much more self-motivated and alive than any of the other NPCs in Morrowind. I even used constance as a model for a follower in Pathfinder. Edited by Zinoviev1982

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Currently using this mod and liking it so far, but..... I went into a shop in Balmora and had a few things I wanted to get off her, I talked to her and the dialog option "done anything wrong" became available. This lead into her saying something about just looking around to which I could only reply something like, if you had something interesting you would share it with me right?, to which she replies that she was only looking around, to which I can only reply, well if you had something interesting you would share it with me right etc etc etc ad infinium. Any advice?

• 1 month later...