Thief companion Constance

Guest Plugin Manager

In response to post #47318470. #47349475, #47366400 are all replies on the same post.

drecokadabra wrote: Constance is fun to have around, and the ai and interface is well done. Except when i hit her more than 2x in the dark.Sometimes i reload or use the contact amulet to tell her to stop fighting, though she doesnt leave the fighting pose .She s says I'm in a fight right now, and i say stop again. Gotta avoid that haha.

I had a question can someone extract the arrow addon from the original site, http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Constance.htm

and upload it in a zipped esp file?

The addon by Dyn_Sol gives constance unlimited arrows but its in a outdated autoinstaller? a kind of archive file? Anyway can someone upload the esp version?

Dragon32 wrote: Fighting. Try this, from readme:

You may just need to put StopCombat in though.

Arrows add-on. It's an ACE file, a type of archive file like ZIP, RAR and 7z. Get a decent archiver (7zip is free). That'll open it.

drecokadabra wrote: @dragon 32, thanks for the stop combat console code. will try, ive gotten better at using nighteye and a torch to see something, the overhauls MSGO+MR+TRreally change the feel of modded morrowind, It also means i have to play torch in one hand and enchanted sword in other hand with companions and summon to back me up as morrowind combat is mostly button mashing. no more sniping like skyrim in morrowind due to changes in these overhauls.

Guess constance is pretty good at seeing in the dark as she never misses . Thank the AI system.

I Installed 7zip just for this , it said cannot open file as archive.

I usually use peazip, i can see the contents of archive, but when i extract, peazip uses a addon and goes into command prompt window and extracts to somewhere , i havent got the esp file yet ,in short.

So help is appreciated. please upload as a modern zip or rar archive.

Weird, doesn't open in 7zip for me either. Bandizip opens it though. Try this download instead: http://mw.modhistory.com/download-37-10371

I don't have upload capabilities here, and I'm not signed up to Dropbox or anything.

There's WinAce itself (shareware): http://www.winace.com/

But for just one file maybe grab the command line version from the Downloads page, if you're OK with the command line of course.

I wouldn't download that mod on MMH due for being outdated (I know it's outdated), instead grab it here.

When 7zip failed to extract an archive then try WinRAR.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well one thing is for sure when you made her did not chince on her liver i was overburdened and gave her like 40 alchohols so i could move and she drank them all and fell down. I dont know how she didnt die but okay lol I should have known by the description but i never figured shed drink it all! So let that be a warning to you all :)

• 2 months later...

Hello all.

I know that this thread is quite old, but...

I'm playing Morrowind, again, for the 10th time (or so...). I've never finish it before. but now I have much more time available to play.

Anyway... I've being always playing with Constance. I've also have other companions, Beryl, Jessica, Hilda, Ingred Rems (from domehome balmora mod), Jasmine (JAC_Jasmine), Atheri Arrell (from Grumpy's Asgard Balmora mod) (NOTE: check http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Asgard.htm#Asgard_v33 for Balmora Extended + domehome + Asgard fixes). I usualy leave most of my companions guarding my Asgard Palace :-D

Playing the game again, I notice something strange in the way Constance walk or run WHEN Jasmine or/and Ingred Reems is also present. By walking or run backwards, facing the companions, usually the walking and running animation goes smoothly but many times, after entering a new area, or enter a door, Constance starts to walk/run as if she had drunk a tonel of black coffe. Many times she stops walking normally (the animation seems broken), and her walking/running seems trembling, as if the animation does not run fully but only partially, that is, animation starts and breaks repeatedly. Jasmine walking animation stills runs normally.
I've tried to change.esp loading order by changing their date and time (I've tried to re-date Constance's esp file as the newer and the oldest), but the problem always re-emerge..
Saving the game and reload corrects the problem but just for a few seconds, and the animation breaks unexpectedly anywhere I go.
Is there any explanation for this behavior? I know that the companion walking and running animation should be more realistic than that. So... what's happen?

I don't usually walk backwards with my playable character, but knowing what is happen behind me with my companions, namely Constance, drives me nuts, therefore the issue is completely unacceptable.

Sorry my lousy English.

Luis Ramalho

Edited by ukras001

• 1 month later...

I liked this mod a lot at first, but it's lost my endorsement. Forced jailing is a cardinal sin for any mod, but for a thief-themed mod in particular, it's just inexcusable. So far, I've found two different encounters where you can just get automatically thrown in jail without the option to resist arrest. Never mind that committing any other crime that doesn't earn you a death warrant always gives you the chance to pay a fine, or run and try to get your bounty cleared by the Guild. Some modders just "know better".

The one in Ald'rhun is bad enough. Your only options are to rat Constance out, or get auto-jailed. You can't run away, nor talk your way out of it. Worse still, the jail option is a complete trap. You stick up for Constance and say you don't believe she stole anything instead of immediately taking her accuser's side? Well that makes you an accomplice and you're automatically sent to prison. There is nothing to convey that this will happen, you're just punished for sticking up for your friend. Oh, and if you say that you'll check Constance's bag, then try to make a break for it (or the NPCs wander package takes it too far away), you just get auto-jailed anyway. It's complete bull.

However, that's still better than the one I got in Balmora. At least the Ald'rhun encounter gives you the chance to save yourself by being a narc. In Balmora, she just hands you a bunch of stolen goods right in time for a guard to accost you. Then you get to click through a nice scene of your character being a complete moron and "comically" tripping over their words until they get...you guessed it...auto-jailed. Which really breaks the immersion on my high Intelligence, high Personality, Speechcraft build. Plus the fact that it's a serious dick move that takes control away from the player.

I don't tolerate auto-jail traps in any mod, but in a mod that is made to appeal to thief builds, it's particularly unforgivable.

• 5 months later...
In response to post #70317033.

Kefke_Wren wrote: I liked this mod a lot at first, but it's lost my endorsement. Forced jailing is a cardinal sin for any mod, but for a thief-themed mod in particular, it's just inexcusable. So far, I've found two different encounters where you can just get automatically thrown in jail without the option to resist arrest. Never mind that committing any other crime that doesn't earn you a death warrant always gives you the chance to pay a fine, or run and try to get your bounty cleared by the Guild. Some modders just "know better".

The one in Ald'rhun is bad enough. Your only options are to rat Constance out, or get auto-jailed. You can't run away, nor talk your way out of it. Worse still, the jail option is a complete trap. You stick up for Constance and say you don't believe she stole anything instead of immediately taking her accuser's side? Well that makes you an accomplice and you're automatically sent to prison. There is nothing to convey that this will happen, you're just punished for sticking up for your friend. Oh, and if you say that you'll check Constance's bag, then try to make a break for it (or the NPCs wander package takes it too far away), you just get auto-jailed anyway. It's complete bull.

However, that's still better than the one I got in Balmora. At least the Ald'rhun encounter gives you the chance to save yourself by being a narc. In Balmora, she just hands you a bunch of stolen goods right in time for a guard to accost you. Then you get to click through a nice scene of your character being a complete moron and "comically" tripping over their words until they get...you guessed it...auto-jailed. Which really breaks the immersion on my high Intelligence, high Personality, Speechcraft build. Plus the fact that it's a serious dick move that takes control away from the player.

I don't tolerate auto-jail traps in any mod, but in a mod that is made to appeal to thief builds, it's particularly unforgivable.

Oh, lighten up. So you got to spend a night in jail. Get over it. You were warned that Constance sometimes gets you both into trouble. She's well worth it. Edited by mred1602

Constance is a hoot! She adds quite a bit of fun to the game.

However, I would recommend that anyone trying her out, first install "Move or Take My Place" (https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43119) because Constance really loves to stand in doorways. Being able to swap places with her (or any other door-blocking NPC) at a keypress removes a lot of frustration from the game.

Edited by mred1602

In response to post #67645436.

hakinaro wrote: Well one thing is for sure when you made her did not chince on her liver i was overburdened and gave her like 40 alchohols so i could move and she drank them all and fell down. I dont know how she didnt die but okay lol I should have known by the description but i never figured shed drink it all! So let that be a warning to you all :)

Yeah, I fell for that, too. I gave her a bunch of very expensive alcohol to carry.
She drank it all and passed out on the floor.

In response to post #70317033. #74998448 is also a reply to the same post.

Kefke_Wren wrote: I liked this mod a lot at first, but it's lost my endorsement. Forced jailing is a cardinal sin for any mod, but for a thief-themed mod in particular, it's just inexcusable. So far, I've found two different encounters where you can just get automatically thrown in jail without the option to resist arrest. Never mind that committing any other crime that doesn't earn you a death warrant always gives you the chance to pay a fine, or run and try to get your bounty cleared by the Guild. Some modders just "know better".

mred1602 wrote: Oh, lighten up. So you got to spend a night in jail. Get over it. You were warned that Constance sometimes gets you both into trouble. She's well worth it.

You're given an "I'll talk to her..." choice every time, use it and drop the loot - how hard is that?

In response to post #70317033. #74998448, #75000828 are all replies on the same post.

mred1602 wrote: Oh, lighten up. So you got to spend a night in jail. Get over it. You were warned that Constance sometimes gets you both into trouble. She's well worth it.
eddie5 wrote: You're given an "I'll talk to her..." choice every time, use it and drop the loot - how hard is that?

Actually, I just spent a night in jail after Constance dumped the 300 eggs on me.
On this one there was no "I'll talk to Constance" or any other option to get out of it.
But is WAS just one night in jail. And the conversation with Constance the next morning was priceless!
All in all, worth it, in my opinion. (And just as "immersive" as anything else in this game.) Edited by mred1602

In response to post #70317033. #74998448, #75000828, #75167038 are all replies on the same post.

eddie5 wrote: You're given an "I'll talk to her..." choice every time, use it and drop the loot - how hard is that?
mred1602 wrote: Actually, I just spent a night in jail after Constance dumped the 300 eggs on me.
On this one there was no "I'll talk to Constance" or any other option to get out of it.
But is WAS just one night in jail. And the conversation with Constance the next morning was priceless!
All in all, worth it, in my opinion. (And just as "immersive" as anything else in this game.)

And yet somehow I got through the whole mod without getting arrested... Not without reloading & being a little quicker on my toes this time, but no arrests.