Help!! I Cant Join The Thieves Guild!!

Garashta

This means that your skills are not good enough. They don't let everyone join their guild.

It's the same with all the other guilds, for example, the mages guild: If you're not good in magic stuff, they don't let you join.

The thieves guild only lets people join who got around 3 of their favourite skills at a certain point. For the thieves guild these are: Marksman, Short Blade, Light Armor, Acrobatics, Sneak and Security. Also agility and personality as attributes.

I'm not sure what the requirements is to join the thieves guild, but if you can't join them you should train in these skills.

Oh and i see you are a new member here, welcome ;D

The problem is more likely that you are already a member of the fighters guild and have completed the quest to get Sotthilde's code book in Balmora. Once you have done that you cannot legitimately join the thieves guild. You can use a console cheat to do so if you wish.

Theres one issue covering this subject that im not to sure of. I have the complete morrowid guide by karpah, and towards the end of the fighters guild it says that i have 2 options,

1. If i like the thives guild do quests for percius mercius

2. Do quest for the guild master (forgot his name)

Does doing percius mercius quest change being able to join the theives guild? Cause during your quest for percius he has you kill Eydris and the orc in vivec witch you take orders form for a while (forgot his name 2)

Then of course you kill the guild master and percius officially makes you master of the fighters guild. I havn't tried to go join the theives guild after im the master of the fighters guild, but i was just wondering.

As far as I know as long as you do not do the code book quest for Eydis fire-eye you can join the thieves guild. Indeed the fighters and thieves guilds can end up working together. So the issue is AFAIK only dependent on that one quest. It means of course that you cannot do any other quests for Eydis but you will have enough quests to reach the top without them.

I am moving this to spoilers.

As far as I know as long as you do not do the code book quest for Eydis fire-eye you can join the thieves guild. Indeed the fighters and thieves guilds can end up working together. So the issue is AFAIK only dependent on that one quest. It means of course that you cannot do any other quests for Eydis but you will have enough quests to reach the top without them.

I am moving this to spoilers.

I /think/ you can join the thieves guild after joining the fighters guild - if you get the code book from Clottilde and then join the thieves guild before reporting back to Eydis Fire-Eye. At least - my character is currently a member of both guilds and I did the code book mission....

As long as you join the Thieves Guild before you do that quest, doing the quest will not cause problems. However you will note that Sotthilde's behaviour is very different if you are a member of the Thieves Guild. If you are not she will easily give you the book. If you are she refuses point blank and you have to steal it from her. I assume the reasoning works like this. The book is in code. If you are not of the Thieves Guild you will not know the code so getting the book won't harm anyone. If you are in the Thieves Guild you could translate it to Eydis. Unless anyone else has a better idea for her somewhat eccentric behaviour.

The problem is more likely that you are already a member of the fighters guild and have completed the quest to get Sotthilde's code book in Balmora. Once you have done that you cannot legitimately join the thieves guild. You can use a console cheat to do so if you wish.

And how can I use a console cheat to join the guild?

And damm! that was quite a bas thing about this game!! It completely harms the game enjoyement!!!

the command is 'pcjoinfaction"thieves guild"'. But I feel the idea would have been better carried further with more factions rather than less being mutually exclusive. In that way you increase game replayability.

Archived