Kenster138

I've been using the blessed body mod and i downloaded the ashen race but for some reason none of my body texture mods will work on that race. I know it can be done by seeing screenshots. I'm just not sure how though. If someone could give me some insight that'd be great.

Ashen includes it's own body meshes and textures. In order to change them you'll need to know where the files are placed. I recommend downloading a version of the ashen manually, opening it up and looking at the file structure inside to locate the body meshes and textures. You can then copy over those in your data folder with the body meshes and textures that you want.

Edited by Oubliette

I kinda just started getting into mods so i'm not too bright on the subject.

So i would open the race file, find the built-in body mesh and texture, and copy that into the blessed body mod file?

or put the blessed body file into the ashen file?

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Well the topic seems interesting, since i'm facing a similar problem.

And here is my problem:

I wanna change BOTH the meshes and texture of a custom race(lets say Lunari race) to 7Base meshes and Barbarian texture.

So, should i just copy the meshes and textures from the individual folders and replace them with the Lunari race meshes and texture.

As i have read at different places, this won't work since the 7b meshes will search for the textures in vanilla folder(by default) but i want it to read the texture in the lunari race folder(can this be done with TES5Edit by changing the meshes texture reference to the texture's placed in the race folder).

Any type of suggestions are welcome :D and thanks for your time.

• 3 years later...

Considering how late some of these replies are, I just have to ask another question on this 6 year old post, maybe it will be picked up by the forum...

I am doing exactly what OP was doing, trying to change the Ashen in Maids 2 Deception to use my preferred textures, though I have come up with two seperate issues using two separate methods.

1st Method: I did exactly the same method as was discussed here. I found the Ashen Directories for the textures and placed my preferred one, wich was the Mature Skin pack. However, all the Ashens have Dark Brown faces but the blemishes and moles from the Mature Skin pack show up pretty well.

2nd Method: I go into the Creation Kit using the "Source" .esp, this is because the original .esp cannot be opened in the CK. Now I have two problems with this...

1st, If I make any edits and save it as it's own .esp, whether it be the entire race or a individual character, the edits duplicate into new entries or whatever. Making any edits pointless as they won't even show up.

2nd, If I create a new Head part that uses a default race skin texture, it will work in the source .esp, but it wont work if I try to save it as a separate file. The Source .esp does not load areas well and crashes consistently, I think you are supposed to replace it with the default .esp once you make your edits.

Any help is appreciated. I have been trying to fix this problem all week as it has made my play through put on hold and I would like to fix this for future playthroughs.

Edited by Guest