Very unstable when saving and travelling.

Everything was fine at first except that I got fed up with RHIronsights being so glitchy so I uninstalled it. I also needed the disable my merge patch which was linked to it. After that the game became very unstable, I keep crashing when I quicksave and go through doors. I installed it again as well as reactivated the merge patch but it hasn't fixed it.

At the same time, is the any way I can disable ironsights with the mod still installed?

all you can do is wipe the data stored, once you build a game and run the game, all entries for that game are forever Embedded into the system.

what you can do is wipe out all saved games, reboot. uninstall any mods priior to installing them , get the game data right back to square one, DO NOT uninstall the game, leave it be.

reboot. clean the systems registry file, reg-cleaners use what ever you can get your hands on to get that garbage out.

reboot. now, To reestablish a fresh game, it is a two frontal attack that is needed. You run the Original game from the start, only once the on screen scene shows the UI bars, hard save, and exit the game, now reboot.

now, you can re-install all your mods and leave out what you know for sure you don't want. keep in mind, if you mess up the game too much, "WINDOWS" does not care, it will assert data already Embedded, xlive.dll runs, must run and ties it all together.

Most of the time, this works, there are how ever some times, things don't go as planned. I know, I've been there.

in the (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local) you will find the temp folder, clean that out, you will find the games settings folder, back that up and then delete it.

reboot, run cleaner for the system. reboot. now continue as normal.

windows is a headache, all version of it and this game is very hard to control. Buggy is an understatement.

kitty

Um, OK but are you sure there isn't a less drastic solution? :) Also does this mean I would lose my save?

I think I might try blowing myself up as I've read that sometimes works. In fact I think I remember doing the on New Vegas once. Other than that I could just go back to the uncorrupted save.

Edited by PresidentDylan5

all you can do is wipe the data stored, once you build a game and run the game, all entries for that game are forever Embedded into the system.

Response:

Never mind I just went back to the corrupted save and this time I was able to remove the mod so that's nice.

and answered. Most seen here want to keep what they built up, a saved game is that players life, Hours on top of hours. Believe me, I know how you feel. The game structure mods, none of it has no heart. we are left with only one course of action. go back before the problem started, and "start over".

so. now your able to continue from before the bugs hit you. that good. keep going, try to keep in mind your actions in the game and what takes place, this way , you have a map of an instance when things go wrong.

kitty