Realistic Needs + Frostfall = Conflicting Food Items

TheDarkWolf45

Hey guys and gals, I've played with these two mods together before, and they are a double force for realism and survival. But I took a break from Skyrim and came back to a mess after adding a few mods. (Frostfall got messed up and i had to reinstall it).

Anyone know if there is a patch for these two so that i can use vanilla foods that are customized by Frostfall for RND?

Food Items added by RND work fine but any vanilla foods cause troubles because Frostfall adds its own effects.

I haven't had any trouble with them together before. What kind of problems are you having?

It might not be Frostfall, but one mod is causing troubles by overriding "medium meal" etc with "restores 7 health, Carnivores gain extra bonuses"

I think the RND effects miht still be there but I cant tell

Edited by TheDarkWolf45

I don't think the "carnivores get extra bonus" comes from frostfall nor RND. Must be some other mod affecting food that sits lower in the load order than those two. Although it could simply be just the description being overwritten, but not the effect. For example, in my case, food just says whether it's a filling meal, medium, etc, not the Frostfall effects. However, when I drink alcohol, or eat soup, I still get the Frostfall effect of decreasing exposure and having increased exposure resistance. The mod which is lower in the load order dictates what description is shown, but that doesn't mean the effects don't work.

To test it, get some food that doesn't have the RND description, let yourself go hungry, then take it and see if your toon gets satiated. If it does, that means RND is working despite the description. For frostfall, look for soup or stew type meal that doesn't have the frostfall description, eat it, then look at the active effects and see if you have an exposure bonus from the food.

To look for the problem, post your BOSS log here and see which mod is lower in the order than those two that may affect food descriptions.

I think maybe the culprit is Skyre

I'm trying to get those two to work now. Thank you and sorry for taking your time.

Just a question though, do you have any idea how to activate mods using BOSS?

Someone on my other post told me to activate FrostFall with BOSS and I really have no clue what he is talking about. If you want to you can go to "Frostfall wont start" page by me if you need more info.

SkyRe? Don't think so. I have SkyRe, Frostfall and RND. You don't activate mods using BOSS, that program just sorts them to the community recommended load order. To activate Frostfall, open it's menu in the Mod Configuration Menu in game which appears with the settings menu (press esc in game), go to Frostfall and then click activate.

SkyRe? Don't think so. I have SkyRe, Frostfall and RND. You don't activate mods using BOSS, that program just sorts them to the community recommended load order. To activate Frostfall, open it's menu in the Mod Configuration Menu in game which appears with the settings menu (press esc in game), go to Frostfall and then click activate.

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old topic, but in case anyone else is having this problem.

I spent hours messing with load order, pretty sure SkyRE was to blame. I dropped RND and all of its patches to the lowest on the list, then I re-ran ReProccer. Anytime you change your load order, be sure and re-run the ReProccer as well.

This fixed it for me.