The Official Currently Listening To Thread

Dark0ne

Fields of the Nephilim - Mourning Sun

It's certainly been a while since the last FotN release.. yet the sound of Mourning Sun is still recognisably Nephilim - epic soundscapes reminiscent of Psychonaut Lib and Elizium rather than the harsher sounds of the Nefilim's 'Zoon'.

Not sure yet what I think of it. So far nothing on the album grabs me like 'Trees Come Down', 'Moonchild' or even 'Shine', but then I've only listened to the album about once a day since xmas. :)

As always you're listening to stuff I've never heard of :P

Kicking back in the middle of the crowd at the moment listening to all the Coheed & Cambria albums then hitting emo head on with the new Hawthorne Heights album and the old 36 Crazy Fists album.

Coheed and Cambria are great, excellent and original (at least, I've not heard stuff like it before) guitar riffs, and a quality lead singer.

I'm currently ploughing through my Winamp playlist. Current most-played are selected tracks from the two latest *D'oh - you know who I mean - curse you Malchik and your vigilance :D * albums, the whole Richard Cheese collection (absolutely fanastic, get Down with the Sickness and Enter Sandman to hear quality swing/jazz music along with well-know lyrics) and The Strokes, while I wait for their new one to be released.

Oh yes, and the great She Has A Girlfriend by Reel Big Fish to amuse me. More bands should have female lead singers, they ad a great deal of depth to a band.

Loveme, you have read the forum rules I know because we have talked of them often. But you appear to have forgotten the unmentionables and indeed mentioned them. Next time you are on try a little edit!

Well I am listening to some of the 400 Scottish folksongs arranged by the Austrian Composer Josef Haydn. However I would only recommend acquisition of the 4 CD set (just over 100 songs cost £12 the lot) if you are as insane as I am or have a special yearning for lyrics in 18th century Scots dialect.

Demons & Wizards - Touched by the Crimson King

Second release of the project, and not worse than the first one. The sound is still more Iced Earth-ish (surprise, what did you think when Jon Schaffer is writing the music?), but Hansi's singing is fitting in nicely. Not a great leap in comparison to the first release, but certainly worth giving it a try. (I'm still rather anticipating the new Blind Guardian release.)

Been listening to Waking the Fallen by Avenged Sevenfold quite a bit lately. Not too big a fan of their new stuff.

New acquisitions? Most of the new Depeche Mode CD (iTunes), The Politics of Dancing 2 by Paul Van Dyk, Mutter by Rammstein, The Bravery, and Van Halen's The Best of Both Worlds.

She Wants Revenge is pretty nice too.