The Official Currently Listening To Thread

Dark0ne

Lately I've been listening to TSO (Trans-Siberian Orchestra) They're a rock band that takes classics such as christmas songs and turn them into rock. Pretty cool actually. I recently saw them in New York City at the Garden. They mostly play christmas songs but lately they did an album featuring Beethoven and are curently working on another.

Here's a link to their site.

deathboy - music to crash cars to

Saw them at October's Whitby Goth Weekend (even though they aren't a goth band :happy: ), and IMO they were the best band of the weekend. Interesting sound, and intriguing lyrics.

I like just about every song on the album, but if I had to pick a favourite it would probably be 'Crawlout'.

Looking forward to their new album, which I've heard is going to be released soon.

If I'm rediscovering the joys of VNV Nation and Apoptygma Bezerk am I getting old?

If you add to that list Toten Hosen and Rammstein, NIN, Depeche Mode, Nitzer Ebb, Oingo Boingo, Marylin Manson's Beautiful people, Stabbing Westwards, Portishead, Radiohead, Rosetta Stone, Razed in Black,Placebo, Dead can Dance, The Apex Theory and wait for it Gorrillaz, then apart from the last it seems I'm having a retro monent and a half here.

To drive I throw in a bit of Grieg and while I'm moving a bit of sweat and swearing.

A music student friend of mine had some TSO on his Ipod, unfortunately it was a really bad sound on the tiny headphones or something. If I can find some demo stuff I may get it, since I like alternative stuff like that.

is it wierd that I haven't heard of 2/3rds of these bands mentioned? Is it because they are all retro, or is t because I know about the music scene as much as I know about the anatomy of wood-lice?

Mercbird's got me remembering - Die Toten Hosen are one of my absolute favorites and NIN is incredible (I say is because the only permanent member of the band is Trent.) Aphex Twin, Kruder and Dorfmeister, and DJ Kristoff are quality electronica - check 'em out.

Can't say I know what all the fuss over NIN is about. OMG they're back after being away for 9 years? Big whoop, Motley Crew are supposedly coming back too, are we going to have to rave about them as well? NIN's new album sounds mediocre at best and there's nothing innoventive about it at all.

Agreed on Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Saw them live a couple months ago (and with amazing seats, 10th row at farthest) and it was well worth the ticket price. The CDs are good, but not even close to a replacement for their live show... so much better overall, and the covers were all fun. And of course the electric violin is major style points!

Pink Floyd - Learning To Fly..

Now there is a band I'd truely love to see reunite... On the 21st of this month I'm going to see Comfortably Numb, Canada's Pink Floyd Tribute Band... they are supposed to be note for note... so we'll see how that goes... and on April 10th, I'm going to see David Gilmour in toronto...I have a feeling that will be the closest I'll ever be to seeing pink floyd :(

Edit: I take it that no one on this forum browses and listens to music? Yeesh! whats wrong with you people?!?!

Eric Clapton & BB King - Key To The Highway

Edited by Faust_87