Lets Hear It

Chaosmaker

Ultima 9

:ohmy:

Ultima 9??? No fun?? Come on, are you telling me you never tried to climb Stonegate Tower in your underwear with the help of 3 loaves of bread, a scroll and a couple of sticks? ;D

Ok, the storyline was poor and the dialogue cringeworthy, but there was so much fun to be had using the amazing object properties. :happy:

As for the worst games I've played, that's a tie between Myst III - Exile and.. dare I say it.. Daggerfall.

I bought Myst III - Exile because friends had raved about the Myst series. It was boring, and the 'good guys' you were meant to help were so irritating that I invariably let the bad guy win.

And Daggerfall... don't even get me started on 'randomly generated'... After getting the same quest for the third time I decided that I Daggerfall was marginally less exciting and fulfilling than doing the laundry. :glare:

There were several features that will always attract me to Daggerfall, but I will be the first to agree that it was over ambitious and severely flawed.

As far as using Objects in Ultima 9, I saw a guy use loaves of bread and potions to travel across the ocean.

• 1 month later...

Worst Game I have ever played... Starship Troopers BY FAR

-Your primary weapon has no clips, infinite ammo, and no cooldown... so basically you hold down X 99% of the game...

-There is a mission where you have to "protect a fort" and "attack" the waves of "dangerous" aliens... If you just stand there and do NOTHING you complete the mission because they dont attack... they are just bodies to fire at, nothing more...

-Terrible, terrible outdated graphics.

I didnt play very far really just cause my thumb started to hurt from holding down a button for several hours. They should have made it a toggle feature, haha.

My three least favourite games that I wish I never spent money on;

Vampire Bloodlines

Pirates of the Carribean

and bottom of the barrel...

Knights of the Old Republic: Sith Lords

I threw a tantrum when I finished sith lords, and the others I havent cause of the bugs in Vamps and the stupid game controles in Pirates

>I jumped up and down on the sith lords box till it broke :blush: <

Hmm

Let's see, for the PSX I'd have to say a game called Apocalypse starring Bruce Willis. Any game that generates hype based on familiar people or movies I will not play anymore . They tend to have horrible graphics, clunky mechanics, crappy story (exactly the same as the movie usually) and their only selling point is that player's can associate themselves with someone of fame.

I also disliked FF8 - it was fun at first, but after a while the story became boring and the Junctioning system cumbersome. 9 probably would have been better if I'd played it when it came out, but I didn't even buy it until last year so the graphics and lighting (especially exteriors) made it difficult to play (hard to see things, easily distoriented, etc).

For the SNES I couldn't stand Populus. Mostly though, that was my inability to get the hang of it. Some old Bugs Bunny game I also played (either SNES or NES) was also really horrible. it was basically Pac-Man with a bugs bunny character, gravity and ladders.

I can't stand most sports games but that's a matter of taste.

There were two games i cannot bear to play.

1) Icewind dale. Impossible to play, no chance for a custom party unless one has been heavily seasoned with baldurs gate and the like and it was so confusing, it felt horrible to play, none of the smoothness and enjoyability that games like shadow flare offer. (but i suppose its quite a different form of game..)

2) Vampire the masquerade, bloodlines. What an awful, trajic game. Useless powers. In my oppinion anyway. unrealistic player - object interface. And rather confusing at that.

I never completed these games.

I would be a horrible weight on my concience.

Totally and utterly Trajic.

As for the worst games I've played, that's a tie between Myst III - Exile and.. dare I say it.. Daggerfall.

I bought Myst III - Exile because friends had raved about the Myst series. It was boring, and the 'good guys' you were meant to help were so irritating that I invariably let the bad guy win.

Well, I've not played Daggerfall, so I don't care about that. But Myst III?!?! Come ON! So the Myst games are slow, and there's about as much character interaction as a rock having a conversation with... um... another rock. But look at the scenery. Listen to the music and the SFX. What about the MOOD they give you. I know I'm wasting precious text-breath here, as the Myst games are one of those "love 'em or hate 'em" jobs, but that shocked me. I may even have shed a tear...

As for MY worst game.. EVER... I'd have to say Myst IV. Haha, no. Seriously, though, I think the Resident Evil games lack something very important. Immersion. Those DAMN doors, and the 'oh-so-scary' zombies and mosters. Pfft. Compare that to Silent Hill and you just know that they've scraped the dried up remains out of the "Barrel of Horror-Cliche's" and mashed it all together. With painfully long door opening scenes. The newest one, 4 I think, was a TEENSY bit better, but they need to change ti considerably to make me pick p a controller again... Did I mention the doors?

Icewind dale. Impossible to play, no chance for a custom party unless one has been heavily seasoned with baldurs gate and the like and it was so confusing, it felt horrible to play, none of the smoothness and enjoyability that games like shadow flare offer. (but i suppose its quite a different form of game..)
Yeah, true. If you look at IwD, then at something like Baldur's Gate or Planescape Torment, you can see what CAN be done with that irritating isometric perspective. Shame, a real shame. The scenery was poor, too.

Oh, and Kingpin. That was awful, too. Especially if you try it AFTER playing Half-Life 2... :glare:

Ok, Ok, My turn!

1.) I have to agree with Peregrine for bringing SW:Force Commander up. Not only is the game a crappy Star Wars game, but is an insult to the entire RTS genre. Played the demo, played the whole game on a friend's PC and I hated it. Seriously.

2.) I'm surprised nobody has thought of this: Daikatana. Arguably one of the most anticipated FPS games in the past 15 years and it turned out to be nothing more that a glorified hill of wet, squishy, stinky, smelly rhino feces. A combo of Q1 and HL engines presented, in the lack of a better word, ugly graphics, the A.I. was more of a comic relief than an actualy gameplay element. (This one NPC that follows you, Superfly, IIRC, gets stuck in this door - porta vulgaris - and ends up getting killed by it. The door, I mean. Yes, that's right. The door.) And of course there are the most important aspect of any FPS. Guns. Those were crap too.

Oh, I almost forgot: John Romer wrote a load of, yet again, rhino feces in the game's read me. Reading those lines, you can't really tell if he knew the game sucked beyond belief or did he just go insane during the process.

3.) My personal favorite is Star Trek: Starfleet Academy. Oh. My. God. This comes as so much more painful strike, me being a ST fan and all. I say again: Oh. My. God.

• 3 weeks later...

1.spyro 1 on the ps1 terrible cant stand all spyro games

2.crash bandicoot seriously this game pissed me off i hate it! its the same basic game 'cept your a bandicoot with a floating heat to help you instead of a dragon+dragonfly

Archived