[3ds max] Adding items to an animation

cheapley2

hello all, new to the forum here =) English is not my native so please pardon me.

i am working on a new musket animation but i want to know if its possible to add an item in the animation purely for display that will show up in game?

for example, there are some posing mods in oblivion that add a cup, a book etc when the animation is played, is it possible to do it in skyrim?

thanks a lot.

You don't change the animation. You create an AnimObject.This is a .nif with an extra NiStringExtraData for a bone. At run-time skeleton and AnimObject will be connected through this bone. With FNIS you can basically play any animation with any AnimObject. Provided they both have this common bone.

First you have to create the .nif. If you already have that object, it might be possible to add the link to the connector bone with NifSkope (but don't sue me if I'm wrong).

When you have that then you can define your AnimObject animation with

b -o <AnimEvent> <AnimFile> <AnimObject> (see the examples in the FNIS Spells AnimList)

or test it with FNIS Spells by replacing FNISSpo001.hkx with your AnimFile, and AnimObject/FNIS/AnimObjectFNISSpo001.nif with your AnimObject, and test it in-game with the Spell named "o1".