Visible Kit Carried

VorlaHusian

Hey everyone.

So I was looking around my inventory, and looking at the carry weight, and thinking to myself:

"There should be a backpack mod."

Well I found a few, then it hit me. Kit should take up space outside the backpack too. When you carry a great big shield it shouldn't fit in your backpack that is smaller than the shield.

So I had an idea: Keeping the carry weight just to affect your stamina (like in the Requiem Mod) each piece of kit should have a 3D map that takes up space in your back pack; if it fits, otherwise it should be carried on the outside, and only if you have the right things to attach it to you. A length of rope could be used to carry a shield slung on top of the backpack.

A realistic and logical placement system could be used to carry your kit. so there is no longer a carry everything you can get your hands on by just cheating your AV carryweight stat.

For those into realism I think this would be an awesome mod to build. If anyone can do it please let me know so I can download it when you have done.

Cheers in advance to anyone.

OK

Here is how I see the final mod content:

1. Every item, including coins, would have an external 3D map of itself so that it takes up space.

2. There would be a selection of sizes of Backpack (measured in liters - 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, and 120). Each one would have a 3D internal space allocation. Then, each item would take up some of that space with its own 3d map so that when it is placed inside a back pack, a logic algorithm would keep track of the item, it's 3D map, and it's position inside the backpack, so that the internal 3D map would be altered to accommodate the alteration.

2. There would also be a selection of belt pouches that would work in the same way, just on a smaller scale.

3. You could also make your own coin purse with a leather strip and a piece of cloth or leather that would also work in the same way but with coins.

4. If there is no room in any of the pouches or the backpack, then you could tie the item to the outside of the backpack with a length of rope.

5. The weight of the item would have an effect on your speed and how fast you move, and your stamina by affecting how quick it drains, the recovery time, and so on.
6. You would have to drop the backpack to access it, like a normal container, and pick it up again to take it with you. That would be an awesome opportunity for some unique graphics in accessing the backpack.
6. If the backpack is too heavy (twice your carry capacity) then you could not pick it up.
All in all a realism mod just waiting to happen.
Then a Bag of Holding would be really useful to the kleptomaniacs among us.