Getting Taxed by the Jarl Mod

Spionvare

Let's face it. Money becomes a joke in Skyrim past level 30 and you just accumulate tons and tons of gold that there's no balance sink to it.

What would be great is if the Jarls assert their right to tax you for being a citizen(becoming thane) and a little bit more owning property in their hold(purchasing a house/homestead). Something to show the Dovahkiin his or her place as someone still living under their protection(Civil War and Guards payment) and prosperity(city maintenance)

This is would be great immersion and a much needed balance to counter the 694,486 Septim accumulation as something that would constantly sink it. Plus it would also make the Dragonborn financially plan before he or she thinks about getting all homes in the 9 holds.

Maybe some punishment for not helping the upkeep(ran out of gold) such as the City Guard will send you to jail for not paying your taxes properly or maybe confiscation of property or items(provided with option to resist)

I would really like it if such a mod were to be made or already exists but I couldn't find anything on google search.

Edited by Spionvare

Thats kind if dumb considering you kill the dragons that threaten the holds and take care of problems that would otherwise go unnoticed. If anything, they should be paying you for protection, not the other way around.

If you think it's "kind of dumb", maybe you should just ignore this request.

To be honest, I would like to see something like this. It's realistic in my opinion, hope someone gets to give it a shot :)

Thats kind if dumb considering you kill the dragons that threaten the holds and take care of problems that would otherwise go unnoticed. If anything, they should be paying you for protection, not the other way around.

Unless the Dragonborn starts a religion(tax-exemption) I don't think it's dumb to still charge heroes for living in their lands.

Well, if I were a jarl, I'd say Dragon Exterminator should be tax exempt. But then that's just income tax. Doesn't cover land and property taxes. :D

One way it could be done is that the DB will get a courier message giving them a letter stating to pay their due tax, or have random items from their home in that hold be taken.

It should be consented, but nothing too tedious such as having a courier interrupt you when you're probably doing something important like all of a sudden you go out of the city and have a DRAGON attack, only to be interrupted by some guy saying

"I've been looking for you..!"

Maybe a guard approaching you everytime you enter a city when your tax is due? Heck, let's just make the Citizenship/Property an optional checklist.

Course a mod needs something for it to be fun, maybe some benefits too

Edited by Spionvare

I however doubt this mod would get popular except to the hardcore immersion realism dudes if the player gets nothing in return. So far, taxes pay for the government, city maintenance, guard/army upkeep and all that.

But what should the Dragonborn get in return for paying their taxes? I've got all these economy mods to make it fairer but I'm still making making millions.

Edited by Spionvare

I love the idea of "realism" here. It's good to have the taxes because no matter how many times you save the world there will always be taxes.

Benefits: Realism that goes with other mods food, thirst etc. The feeling of real earned money being used wisely. Plus this post is true and would help the terrible money situation!

Downsides: If you are a cry baby don't get this.

Plus this is a choice you don't have to download this mod, but I think it's a wonderful idea. I hope this works out for everyone in the end.