SCK - Furniture as an Activator

HingKingWindcaller

Hi.

I'm trying to make a furniture that acts like an activator. For example, when I activate a specific furniture, I want the activate parents to work.

Furnitures does not actually enables the activate parents. I've tried making an activator with the furniture's model and texture in it ,but it doesn't allow me to sit on it.

I'm not a modder, so I don't really know about Papyrus scripting.

Does anyone has solutions to my problems? :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

I'm trying to make a furniture that acts like an activator. For example, when I activate a specific furniture, I want the activate parents to work.

Furnitures does not actually enables the activate parents. I've tried making an activator with the furniture's model and texture in it ,but it doesn't allow me to sit on it.

I'm not a modder, so I don't really know about Papyrus scripting.

Does anyone has solutions to my problems? :blush:

How are you setting up these "activate parents"? The way your statement reads you have objects you want to be activated when the furniture is activated. Yet you are calling these objects "activate parents". Activate parents are objects that can be used to activate other objects. So the furniture needs to be set as the "activate parent" on the other objects. Not the other way around. Ensure that it is set up correctly, then try again.

Also, make sure to do your testing in a game (save or coc from main menu) that has not seen any aspects of your mod before. The game does not always update changes made especially if those objects are already in the save game.

If it still does not work, then a small script on the furniture should do the job. But that bridge can be crossed if and when it is necessary.

Hi, I'm actually trying to do something similar but cannot get beds to activate. To clarify what I am trying to do:

There is a room full of beds, each with a sconce and fire behind it. While any actor is sleeping in it, I want the orange fire to toggle off and a blue fire to activate in its place. When the actor wakes up, I want the blue flame to toggle off and the orange flame to toggle back on.

I've tried setting the bed as the activate parent, but haven't had any luck. I've tried connecting each fire to an individual actor and having them toggle when the actor's sleep stage is at 3, but couldn't figure out what the proper code would be. I sort of got it to work with zone trigger boxes set on top of the bed, but if the Player jumped on/off the bed while an NPC was sleeping, it would toggle the orange flame back on.

I know this *should* be fairly simple, but trying to figure out how to do it is driving me mad!

Edit: Turns out I just had to write a script for when an actor was sitting on the furniture. :D

Edited by NightingaleVII