Skyrim CTD after saving

Kurzusseus

Skyrim recently pulled this on me. I was playing as my imperial character retrieving a helmet for a beggar.

After completing the quest he said he'd teach me some of his old tricks. He didn't however and I proceeded

with the game. After sleeping in bed for 6 hours, and leaving the inn- I try too save a new game only to get a Crash

to desktop.

I figured it was an error since the script failed to give me that "Training" earlier so I reloaded from a previous save

file. Instead of completing the quest I went to sleep and left the inn- when I try too save I get a crash to desktop.

what is causing the error this time? I haven't installed any new mods and it JUST started literally right now

after everything was running peachy before.

BOSS LOG

These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

• Skyrim.esm Active
  • Update.esm Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Version 2.0.3 Active
  • Dawnguard.esm Active
  • Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Version 2.0.3 Active
  • HearthFires.esm Active
  • Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Version 2.0.3 Active
  • Dragonborn.esm Active
  • Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp Version 2.0.2 Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev}}
  • RaceCompatibility.esm Active
  • HighResTexturePack01.esp
  • HighResTexturePack02.esp
  • HighResTexturePack03.esp
  • Brawl Bugs CE.esp Active
  • Chesko_Frostfall.esp Active
  • prometheus_beastskeletons.esp Active
  • DragonsCanAbsorbYourSoul.esp Active
  • FISS.esp Active
  • Hunterborn.esp Active
  • Hunterborn_Dawnguard-Patch.esp Active
  • Hunterborn_Frostfall-Patch.esp Active
  • lpsleep.esp Active
  • WetandCold.esp Version 1.402 Active
  • WetandCold - Ashes.esp Version 1.07 Active
  • SkyUI.esp Version 4.1 Active
  • contractor armor.esp Active
  • DPArmor.esp Active
  • miraak's loot enhanced.esp Active
  • LightsWinstadManor.esp Active
  • throneroom.esp Active
  • SkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev}}
  • betterdaedricartifacts.esp Active
  • Civil War Overhaul.esp Active
  • FireAndIceOverhaul.esp Active
  • Headtracking.esp Active
  • waterbreathing breathless emerge.esp Active
  • WieldableLantern.esp Active
  • RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp Active
  • RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp Active
  • RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp Active
  • RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp Active
  • Hunterborn_RND-Patch.esp Active
  • RND_USKP-Patch.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev}}
  • Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp
  • WerewolfMastery.esp Active
  • Improved Dragon Shouts.esp Active
  • Improved Dragon Shouts - Dawnguard.esp Active
  • Improved Dragon Shouts - Dragonborn.esp Active
  • dovahkiinrelax.esp Active
  • FNISspells.esp Active
  • CombatDramaOverhaul.esp Active
  • DragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.esp Active
  • The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp Version 1.8 Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 1 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Vampirelordroyal.esp Active
  • Sit Anywhere.esp Active
  • Dwemer Beards.esp Active
  • Gri_DremoraHair.esp Active
  • Gri_DremoraScars.esp Active
  • Dremora.esp Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 12 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • AdditionalNPCFollwerVoices.esp Active
  • Child Follower 2.esp Active
  • My_Little_hatchling.esp Active
  • argonianraptor.esp Active

In both cases youre sleeping and than crashing. I see some ipsleep.esp from some mod. Did you try without it?

Mind reader, yes I did sleep and then save to have the crash. I went outside however so I thought it was a long enough time span for me to save again.

I had gotten up, went to the inn keeper- bought some food, ate, drank, then went outside- tried to save. Crash.

Happens to me from time to time. Some error script leaking. Only fix I've found so far is reverting to an earlier save where saving doesnt CTD.

I reverted back to an earlier save, but not too far back. It was like, before I entered the city to go into the inn.

I can save there, but after sleeping and leaving again the crash to desktop happens when saving.

I'll revert to an older older save and see if it helps. If not am I looking at having to stop and start over again?

Cause that would suck BIG time.

Edit*

I just reloaded to a game day before the CTD save, before I finished the quest and before this was a problem at all.

After waiting 24 hours in game, after trying to save I get a CTD again. I can save all I want during the first day, but on day 2 the ctd happens.

in my save game location on computer the file is showing up as a TMP instead of an ess.

Edited by FalloutZaxus

Would this be any help? I also recently edited my ini folder a few days ago with a higher CPU script giver. However after problems occurred (script lag) I had

to revert back to the original papyrus log. Is my save ruined because I need to re-load to before making those papyrus ini changes?

here are the changes I made to the Papyrus section in the skyrim ini before reverting back in case you need to know.

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS=800.0
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=800.0 
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000.0 
iMinMemoryPageSize=256
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=153600

Also it now is crashing if I wait a day and then re-load a previous save, or die. So everything is ok UNTIL the day is over, then saving, loading, causing CTD.

Edited by FalloutZaxus

Dont think that that ruined your save. As the save seems anyway broken, get the savegame script cleaner and clean a save and test if that solves it.

Probably some script running rampant.

I tried, it says there are no scripts to clean. I recently got apollodown's Civil war overhaul

and after winning Dawnstar in the war, it usually crashes after two or three days after success.

This is only a theory though really, I was just playing a previous save game, won the battle and waited 3 days personally before saving

the game worked perfectly but then RANDOMLY after waiting an hour and spending some in game time playing I try to save and I get a crash.

Well, there was one similar instance in my end. I can save fine before entering Ilinalta's deep, but if I save inside Ilinalta's deep, I get CTD on saving whatever I do. The only fix I could do was Go through and complete Ilinalta's deep without saving and save after getting out. It seems you're having a similar problem where you can't save in a particular day or place.

I can't save anywhere after day 1. I've played my imperial character up to level 17. I started a new game with the Epic gameplay overhaul as suggested by the modder.

I tweaked my ini files and reverted back to the original ini when the modder suggested I did something wrong, but by this time I had already played 10 levels in game with the ini tweaks. The mod continued to work fine as I took control over Dawnstar

but now if I wait 3 days the game crashes to desktop on the third day.

I have a save-file on day 2. I can save multiple times without error in solitude, but as soon as day three comes around. I get the Crash to desktop

no matter where I am, Solitude- Dawnstar- Whiterun- Riften- etc. I tried re-loading it

to before beating Dawnstar and was able to save just fine, when I beat the war for Dawnstar, the problem shows up again.

This doesn't make sense, I'm seeing video's of people who are progressing without problems, I'm the only one it would seem who is having this issue.

Edited by FalloutZaxus