I recently tried modding Skyrim, I was going to try texture mods first but when I installed them, nothing happened. I exited the game, went to the mod manager and noticed the archive invalidation wasn't activated. When I hovered the cursor over it, it said "Reset Archive Invalidation", I clicked it and nothing happened. There was no check on the side of it like usual showing that it's activated. I did recently re-downloaded and installed it. Before, when I was modding Fallout NV, it was just fine, but now it's doing this. I tried uninstalling the mods and tried to activated then, but nothing happened. Any help will be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

what mods were you installing and did you look for them in the right place?

meaning...what mod retexture did you install? if it was a retexture of a glass sword, did you look at a glass sword before determining if it was working?

also did you manuelly install or NMM install? sometimes NMM can be wonky and if you installed manully then its possiable you put the files in the wrong place.

FYI there is no "conformation" that a texture mod was installed... you have to confirm it by sight.