Mod Requests, Ideas?

WearableNine

I don't know if there was already a topic about this or not but I've just been itching for mods that'll "knock my socks off." If there's already a topic regarding mod requests or ideas then I'm am extremely sorry to have bothered. Anyways, the reason I started this topic is to not only request but hopefully bring up new or old ideas for current/future modders who are still playing Fallout New Vegas. So to begin:

A mod that allows you to tag hostiles, allies and nuetrals as well as creatures for a limited amount of time at a distance before ingaging them upclose. I recently finished playing Far Cry 3 and one thing that I really love about that game is being able tag your enemies before engaging them especially if you plan on taking out a base stealthly. So I thought, "hey, why not implement it to Fallout New Vegas. Your out in the desert, wide open area and not much cover and seeing as how the compass' range is limited, why not?"

Another mod that allows you use guerilla warfar tactics specifically being able to conceal yourself in or behind plants like tall grass, bushes, etc. Again the idea came from Far Cry 3.

Allow all guns to have tracer rounds similar to Fallout 3 ( :tongue: I just like to see where my bullets hit especially in 3rd person view).

Immersive Equipment mod from Skyrim. Seeing as how I play a stealthy sniper character in FNV, I like to see my character equiped with a silenced pistol or silence machine pistol and sniper rifle at the same time without having to only see the one equip.

Now I don't know anything about modding and scripting (which is why I started this topic) but if there are already mods made prior to requests or ideas, please provide the mod name and link or URL as a reply.

Thanks! :smile:

P.S.

"Never work less then what your worth, work hard so they'll know how truly valuable you are when your gone!"

Edited by WearableNine

A mod that allows you to tag hostiles, allies and nuetrals as well as creatures for a limited amount of time at a distance before ingaging them upclose.

Boone's spotter perk. Or this: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37502/

Another mod that allows you use guerilla warfar tactics specifically being able to conceal yourself in or behind plants like tall grass, bushes, etc.

Fallout engine will not let you make it. Use stealthboy.

Immersive Equipment mod from Skyrim

Will not happen, because of insanely huge amount of work

if 1 weapon have 3 mods ~ 8 meshes (unmodded, mod1mesh, mod2mesh, mod3mesh, mod1+mod2mesh, mod1+mod2+mod3mesh, mod1+mod3mesh, mod2+mod3mesh)

10 weapons = 80 meshes

FNV total weapons number 262

262 ~ 2096 meshes

Every single mesh must be converted into armour. One mesh conversion will take maybe 20-45 minutes. But let's say 25 minutes.

25 minutes * 2096 / 60 / 12 (hours for modding per day) = 72 days.

Even if you remove half of all weapons - it's still a lot of work.

Even if you left only energy and regular pistols, Energy, Asu and semi Rifles - still lot of work

And no weapons from mods. Only vanilla weapons.

That's why there's no Armed to the Teeth mod. Now, when the game is not popular at all and nexus community is concentrated on Skyrim - that kind of mod will have maaaybe 50 endorsements in 3 or 4 months. So it's just not worth it. Feedback < Time & Effort

Unfortunately.