Dual Sheath Redux Options

homeworlder1

I have Dual Sheath Redux along with XP32 Skeleton and the Immersive Animations mod, and so far i've spent a couple of hours trying to get dual hip sheathing for swords to work. These mods are installed in Mod Organizer as well. Also, i'd rather not have the shield be on the back when i have my weapons holstered either.

So far i've been able to get the position of the swords to follow through. When i draw my weapons, it animates that i draw them from the back, though the holstered weapons remain on the hip, while shields are on the back, which is the problem.

Does anyone know how to actually "revert" the shield position back to vanilla, and have the sword holstering animation be the one where the swords are drawn from the hip? Are there any alternative animation mods, did i do anything wrong under my installation, or dual sheath redux unmodular like that?

Edited by homeworlder1

Make sure you install XP32 first, then Dual Sheath Redux, and finally Immersive Animations. When installing Immersive Animations, there are a lot of options for various skeletons. There should be an option for vanilla weapon position drawing animations, or "on hip" animations. Only pick those animations, leave all of the "on back" animations unchecked, and check the "swords on hip, dual axes on hip", etc.

And your shield will be on your back due to having Dual Sheath Redux and XP32 installed. That's the way the skeleton is made and it can't be changed, except when using shields you don't have the Dual Sheath Redux patches for (or any non-vanilla shield).

Remember that the actual position of the weapons and things on your body is determined by the skeleton you're using, and animations only determine where your character moves their hands to draw from. If you're still having trouble, just look over all the skeleton options on XP32 and Immersive Animations and make sure you match them up correctly. It might take some experimentation to finally get right.

Well, my original problems were solved, thanks a lot!

Though, now whenever i sheathe or draw a sword, regardless of a secondary weapon or shield, it shows the dual sheathe from hip animation. Is this because there can only be 1 draw animation per weapon type? Will it be able to keep this animation for dual wielding, and have a vanilla animation for when using a shield? (The shield isn't even going to the back anymore which is great! :) )

Well, my original problems were solved, thanks a lot!

Though, now whenever i sheathe or draw a sword, regardless of a secondary weapon or shield, it shows the dual sheathe from hip animation. Is this because there can only be 1 draw animation per weapon type? Will it be able to keep this animation for dual wielding, and have a vanilla animation for when using a shield? (The shield isn't even going to the back anymore which is great! :smile: )

That is correct. You can't have two different animation types for a single weapon type. Although, there should be a separate animation for using a shield that only draws one weapon. I haven't installed those mods in quite a while, but I remember there being a "shield on back, sword on hip" option somewhere. Make sure you're running your FNIS tool whenever you modify the animations or you might run into problems with files being overwritten.