Solitude Arch/Horse Head Collision Data

MaximumPain

\Meshes\architecture\solitude\sblacksmith.nif

Opposite the Solitude marketplace there's a horses head sculpture and an arch which looks like this was going to be to another area but was never worked on. I have the idea of using this arch for a door to a interior cell, but I'm only starting out mesh editing or any sort of 3D moddling and have run into a problem. With NifSkope I've removed the head sculpture but it seems there's still the collision data there somewhere that I can't see in NifSkope. In the game the head has gone however when you walk up to door which I've placed you bump into the collision data. Any ideas?

If I understood correctly what you're trying to do, I'd suggest looking for the "nifutilsuite", or "nifsuiteutils" (I never remember which on it is), on the nifscope developpers forum. This is a pretty easy tool to use (easier than nifscope), in which a tab called "chunkmerge" will allow you to recreate updated collision data for your tweaked nif file.

Thanks I'll give it a go. sblacksmith.nif is quite a large section of Solitude so I'm not sure if it will be easy to use chunkmerge or if it will work. One of the problems was I can't see the collision data for the horse head sculpture after it has been removed.

In the CK press the F4 button to make collision visible in the render window.

The "horse" head collision should still be there (according to NifSkope it is a dragon head btw. :P)

ChunkMerge should be able to handle that but be aware that this tool creates the collision from the mesh itself so it will have more polys than the original collision.