Keeping me up all night

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Bijak

Bijak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
After reading all the comments and opinions, I decided to purchase DAO. I must say that only after a half day of playing it, i am really pleased.

Thanks to all who posted their opinions. It REALLY was a deciding factor for me in getting the game.

gurgelstock

gurgelstock

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
DAO is more than anything else a game by bioware. And the dialogues and character designs show this every single second. But right after that, it is a group-based rpg, and I hate that! I try to love this game, some of the dialogues are so great, I just connot leave DAO behind just because of its gameplay. But I hate having to pause and check 4 different characters for suitable attacks and only 10 seconds later I am doing the same thing again and again. I want one character to focus on, I dont care about these other guys, you can come along but you better be smart yourself! It worked in mass effect, but its not working here. I honeslty tried to love this game...

Edited by gurgelstock, 02 December 2009 - 11:40 AM.

ThePriest909

ThePriest909

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

DAO is more than anything else a game by bioware. And the dialogues and character designs show this every single second. But right after that, it is a group-based rpg, and I hate that! I try to love this game, some of the dialogues are so great, I just connot leave DAO behind just because of its gameplay. But I hate having to pause and check 4 different characters for suitable attacks and only 10 seconds later I am doing the same thing again and again. I want one character to focus on, I dont care about these other guys, you can come along but you better be smart yourself! It worked in mass effect, but its not working here. I honeslty tried to love this game...

That's why you have the option of tactics.
Add an amount of pots and maybe other kind of required material in your inventory, set the right tactics and auto-level option on for the rest of your team and you won't have to deal with pause ever again.
That's what I personally do.

Saintshroomie

Saintshroomie

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
ho ho ho

SaturnFX

SaturnFX

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
Yes, as noted, Tactics is a pretty important part of the game if your not into micromanaging every instance of battle. I personally dont use it because I quite like the micromanaging aspect of the game, and I find AOE spells are disasterous if left up to the npc to play with.

As much as you can try though, you will find that if you are relying fully on tactics, you will be reloading your game more often than micromanaging...oh well.

btw, anyone gonna make a morrigan CM character in oblivion?..little hut with morrigan and flemmeth would rock (of course, if your going to do that, you would have course need the proper wild mage robes of morrigan, and hmm...is there shapeshifting magic already in the mods? time to check

ThePriest909

ThePriest909

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

btw, anyone gonna make a morrigan CM character in oblivion?..little hut with morrigan and flemmeth would rock (of course, if your going to do that, you would have course need the proper wild mage robes of morrigan, and hmm...is there shapeshifting magic already in the mods? time to check

CM Partners tent to a share the same "slave" brain. Good for those who like "yes" as a reply for the most of time.
Considering Morrigan's character though, a more "agressive" logic is required. That's Morrigan's charm anyway. That she's a hard to get woman... and of course let's never forget the unique voice-acting.
I could script a copy of Morrigan's AI and the exact same DA dialog process in Oblivion but I don't think I'd ever do such a thing. It sounds like blasphemy to my ears.
I 'm sure though, someone else is going to do it eventually. Poor Morrigan. lol.

philip2day

philip2day

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
DAO is really cool. I beated the game in just 40 hours in normarl mode. Quite challenging really cause I had to load several times just to kill bunch of human bandits.

Anyway DragonAgeNexus is doing great. Love it!

stankirby

stankirby

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 52 posts
Hss anyone run the PC version GOTY using Windows 7?

Considering buying an Alienware Pc but the package includes Windows 7 and InVidia graphics.

Too many $$ if it wont work with OB GOTY.

Thanks,

Stan Kirby

SaturnFX

SaturnFX

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
Stan: Yep, me. Win7 and a freshly purchased oblivion (3rd time I bought this damned game...1st was xbox 360, second was PC but disk got ruined, then just purchased it again for PC (GOTY Addition) a few weeks back. Works fine...ish

ish because..well, you know how flaky things become when you have tons of mods. I no longer can actually shut down the game...it simply stops responding when I try to exit and gotta kill the task. Drawback to that is that it seems to not save the video settings..going back to standard (blah) mode when restarting.

Construction set seems to work perfectly fine.

Priest:
Can you point me to a decent tutorial on how to create a CM character? Tried last night for a few hours watching really bad youtube videos and little to no success (granted, I was trying to use montana's sexy companion script - partygirlscript, but still...)

DarkFlame7

DarkFlame7

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Stan: Yep, me. Win7 and a freshly purchased oblivion (3rd time I bought this damned game...1st was xbox 360, second was PC but disk got ruined, then just purchased it again for PC (GOTY Addition) a few weeks back. Works fine...ish

ish because..well, you know how flaky things become when you have tons of mods. I no longer can actually shut down the game...it simply stops responding when I try to exit and gotta kill the task. Drawback to that is that it seems to not save the video settings..going back to standard (blah) mode when restarting.

Construction set seems to work perfectly fine.

Priest:
Can you point me to a decent tutorial on how to create a CM character? Tried last night for a few hours watching really bad youtube videos and little to no success (granted, I was trying to use montana's sexy companion script - partygirlscript, but still...)

Have you tried Fast Exit? It fixed it for me and it's easy to install.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.057 seconds