Victims of Mind Control

kungfubellydancer

To a certain extent, we're all results of mind control really. Though we claim to be free we all answer to someone, follow someone's rules or strive to be accepted and approved by someone else.

Except that the main difference being that it is voluntary (not always acknowledged as such though), and most of the time it is to the benefit of both the individual as well as the group that this happens. In the usual mind control situation, it is usually involuntary, and only something which benefits the group, usually at the cost of something important to the individual. In short, we adopt the norms of the society in which we live because it allows us the ability to coexist with others within that society, while we reject the norms of a society which we acknowledge to be contrary to our own personal ideals (so long as we gain more (percieved) holding onto those ideals than we would just accepting those norms). But this is really getting off the topic.

Like Vagrant said, proper mind control doesn't really exist. The closest you'll get are things like what Derren Brown does (The Heist, This trick or Treat episode, and a lot of his other shows - his 'Mind control' series is probably relevant too). Yes, I know its not the same thing, and most of its staged specially for TV, but at least he admits it - and tbh thats the closest you're gonna get, seeing as its all psychological, tricks of the mind, etc.

EDIT: I don't know if any of those links will work outside the UK btw, its on the Channel 4 website. If not, try Youtube.

Brainwashing for military purposes did happen. I dare say they still happen in authoritarian nations. Not to the extent of absolute mind control but done through indoctrination and training to achieve military goals. Such were the child soldiers in Africa and WW2's Hitler Youth. I think that's how close we can get to actual information on the psychological effects of "mind control", this being done through war propaganda.

Let's put it this way. For example, if this hypothetical victim was standing right in front of you, how would you describe him/her? Would he appear to have emotions? Would he speak to you, or consider unnecessary conversation redundant? Would you be able to begin a friendly relationship with him, or is he incapable of empathizing with your emotions? Questions like this and others.

Well, I could tell you how others see me but then my programming would kick in and I'd track you down using your email and IP and then begin spying on you. :ninja:

Good luck with this topic, I'd be impressed if you actually got an authoritative answer to this that wasn't baloney...especially since the subject matter is somewhat baloney. ;)

• 1 month later...

After rereading posts here I conclude that the a computer is a mind without reason or desires. It is always controlled and like a ventriloquist dummy it never shows emotions or has a voice of its own.

Dumb, and silent, a computer has many synaptic functions or GHz's of them, but not one of them can do anything if the computer is unplugged. Given Big Blue as an example, it beat the best Chess Champion of a time and yet, it can't function when it is disconnected from a power supply.

Are we human hooked up to an invisible power supply?

Would we all drop like a sack of flour if that power supply were depleted?