Freezing/ctds in and around Falkreath

KingArtemis

Thanks for the help guys! I'm really busy for the next few days so I'm not sure how much I can check out at the moment. I definitely do not have that Sheson's patch and I only have a few .ini changes. I will get back to you guys this weekend for sure when I have some time to check everything out. Thanks!

I ran towards Falkreath again twice today, no luck. Freezes on the road there with same papyrus log.

I will try to do spoilers again but it didn't work on my first post in this thread...

[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH
uExterior Cell Buffer=36
uGridsToLoad=5
[Display]
fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0
fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0
fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
bAllowScreenshot=1
[Audio]
fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0
fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0
fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0
fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0
[Grass]
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0
iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=7
iMinGrassSize=75
[GeneralWarnings]
SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.
[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa
[Combat]
fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0
fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0
f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7
f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7
f1PBoltTiltUpAngle=0.7
f3PBoltTiltUpAngle=0.7
[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1
[Water]
bReflectLODObjects=1
bReflectLODLand=1
bReflectSky=1
bReflectLODTrees=1
[MapMenu]
fMapWorldMaxHeight=160000.0000
fMapWorldMinHeight=120.0000
bWorldMapNoSkyDepthBlur=1
fWorldMapNearDepthBlurScale=0
fWorldMapDepthBlurScale=0
fWorldMapMaximumDepthBlur=0
fMapWorldZoomSpeed=0.3700
fMapLookMouseSpeed=3.0000
fMapZoomMouseSpeed=15.0000
fMapWorldYawRange=3600.0000
fMapWorldInitialPitch=50.0000
fMapWorldMaxPitch=400.0000
fMapWorldMinPitch=0.0000
fMapLocalCursorPanSpeed=300.0000
fMapMoveKeyboardSpeed=0.01

1) changes include, max grass types to 7 from 5, arrow and bolt tilt, papyrus enabled and various changes to map to allow better zoom and such.
2) got it :smile:
3) I do run Skyproc
4) I do not have Sheson's patch. What does that do?
I will try disabling bigger trees next
EDIT: Yay, spoilers work!
Edited by KingArtemis

Re-enabled Wet and Cold and disabled Bigger Trees. I did not crash for the first time in Falkreath. I will run it a few times to be sure, but I'm not sure that was the only problem. Run around Falkreath I did get some minor freezes. One last 4 secs before finally thawing out.

Not sure if related, but I frequently pass trees close by that still have textures as if seen from very far away (i.e. very blurry and poorly formed). And although my view distance for trees is maxed and i have hd texture, most trees still use very low res textures even tho im not that far from them (maybe a 20-30 sec run).

I wonder if view distance doesn't affect how high res trees have and if there is a way to fix this....or the freeze problem i still seem to have?

Thanks for the help!

ON the second page here .....and i still don't see mention of your System Specs!

Post your Specs. (this could be nothing more then, too mush for the system to handle.

Turn OFF Papyrus logging. (it does take resources to run) . Test without it.

Post a new BOSS Log.

Being that you have removed mods either try the Save cleaner or start a new Game, to see if you are stable.

JUST having the Official HR-DLC texture packs loading, will fill a GPU to nearly 1.2 GB, add in only a couple more hi-rez packs and you can overload a 2 GB card with ease!

Get "Skyrim Performance monitor", run it and play, check the graph...are you maxing out anything?

:)

If you are using Skyrim Flora Overhaul then iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=7 needs to be set. Most likely your mod load is exceeding 3.1gb RAM and also, without SSME(Sheson's patch) you are exceeding the default 256mb memory blocks Skyrim loads with. With my heavy mod load, I am always in the 300+mb memory blocks used. I was having similar issues to you in the past. These fixed all of my CTD and Freezing;

1. SSME + Memory Blocks Log. Gopher has an excellent video explaing CTD when 256mb is exceeded and how SSME fixes that limit.

2. ENBoost Ended up dropping my 2.8gb + RAM down to 700-1100mb. So I get to keep all my nice armor, weapon, landscape textures and NPC mods.

3. Skyrim Performance Monitor >> showed I was using too much Vram. So I upgraded my Graphics Card.

4. Save Game Script Cleaner >> Found a couple orphaned scripts that I was able to remove with this utility.

I have been playing hours since using these. And cannot remember the last time that I CTD or froze. It has been very enjoyable playing a heavily modded Skyrim without CTD and Freezing.

If you do not try SSME, ENBoost and have a video card with enough Vram to run a heavy modded Skyrim. You will have to cut down your mod list and hi-res textures. Lord Garon has a nice system in his Signature to get a stable running Skyrim. Would be well worth trying that out step by step. Because you still need a solid mod load order first to have a stable game, the hardware Utilities will not help with faulty ini or load orders or mod compatibility.

Oops you're right camaro, i forgot to post specs. Here they are!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB

Power Supply: Seasonic 620W

Lots to try out above. Thanks guys!

I will start a clean save and try to recreate issues, as well as start using the Performance monitor (i had no clue that existed!).

Should I remove the Official HD packs from my list then? I thought that since they were disabled they wouldn't cause any problems?

Whoa thanks for the list Alex! I will start on these right away with a clean save and then go back to my saved game if everything's working well, because starting over sucks...

Edited by KingArtemis

Looking into the ENBoost, I am using RealVision ENB and it says that it includes ENBoost.. sort of ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30936/?). The opening screen on skryim says I have ENB series .218, but on the nexus mod page it says that series .254 includes ENBoost, even though the latest version to dl is only .251b O.O

What am I missing? Do I have to reinstall RealVision and hope I get the Boost or should I install the boost seperately? How do I know if I even have ENBoost?

Thanks for any help!

The only thing you will find on the Nexus is "Presets" . Boris the creator of ENB will never allow his DLL to be uploaded .

You have to go to the source "ENB.dev", download the latest binary , then add in a preset on top . The latest (254), comes with ENBoost.

IF you read the description for any ENB preset, it should have a link to Boris's site to get the main files.

• 2 weeks later...

After some testing, with different mod configurations, it seems that my vram just keeps capping out? Will ENBoost help that? i might try it anyways before I remove the enb and see if that reduces the memory load. I am fairly confident that the memory is the problem since I usually crash outside and/ or in combat.

Will update this weekend on whether the problem is fixed!

Thanks for the help and sorry about the long reply times.